I took this thing fishing with me today and literally a few drops of water from my hand got in the crack next to the screen. Now I see this cloudy white stuff in the top right of my screen. I read the rice trick but I don't know how well this would work considering I didn't completely submerge the thing in water. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have Asurion but really don't want to return it as it has to be fixable.

Help! Please
    07-31-09 07:36 PM
    I did the same only with a few drop of coffee about two weeks ago. Although my screen isn't cloudy its more bright in one tiny spot. I would be interested to find a fix if there is one. For now, I'm just dealing with it. Actually hardly notice now....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 07:52 PM
    It's huge on my screen. I took a picture but I can't post it yet because I'm a noob.
    07-31-09 07:54 PM
    Try a blow dryer, or place it in a towel and put it in the oven on low heat for a short while. Be careful and pay attention with these 2 techniques.
    07-31-09 09:28 PM
    Have either or both of u removed storm's factory screen protector?
    07-31-09 09:29 PM
    Roll it & pat it & mark it w/a "B"
    ...and put it in the oven on low heat for a short while.
    07-31-09 09:36 PM
    Have either or both of u removed storm's factory screen protector?
    Mine has that shield on it that Zagg makes. It rules. And where am I supposed to use the blow dryer if it's behind the screen?
    07-31-09 09:47 PM
    Use the heat from the blow dryer to heat the screen, not to blow the droplets off. If you live in a hot area, leave it outside attended.
    07-31-09 10:03 PM
    I'm thinking moisture cd be locked in by screen cover(s) & isn't actually inside phone. Remove?
    07-31-09 10:05 PM
    I think I may try the hairdryer in a bit, and then putting it in the rice if worse comes to worse. The phone works fine but it's just irritating to look at.
    08-01-09 09:44 AM
    There has gotta be a way to get this off.
    08-01-09 09:47 AM
    So now all I see is little spots where the water used to be. It looks like its drying up. I soaked it in a rice bath last night and I tried the hairdryer today. Do you think Im SOL?
    08-04-09 07:55 PM
    Suggestions? Anyone?
    08-04-09 09:26 PM
    Ok, here's a pic.
    08-04-09 09:30 PM

It's just been reduced to small dot's here and there, but it's still very visible on a white screen. Help?
    08-04-09 09:31 PM
    If you go to youtube there are a couple of videos that deal with removing the screen glass without disassembling the phone. This way you'll know if its just accumalated on the back of the glass or actually a permanent fixture on the inner display screen. If you're squeemish about it, use your insurance. If you can't or won't do either of those, you'll just have to get used to it.

08-04-09 10:02 PM
    Can you by any change post one of those videos? I am not having any luck.
    08-04-09 10:11 PM
    Try putting your phone in some raw dry rice for a day. Apparantely the dry rice acts like silica gel and asorbs all moisture. Make sure to bury it totally in rice and see what happens.
    08-04-09 10:42 PM
    When I typed in "blackberry storm screen" only one showed up. When I clicked that one several more came up as related.......

Keep in mind this is the mobile version of the site. Take your pick or watch all of them.

08-04-09 10:44 PM
    Thanks for looking into that for me. I read some of the forum comments and some people say they actually cracked their screens. I know you have to be patient while doing it, but this is only water, it should go away.
    08-04-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD