it seems the longer i have my storm..the longer it takes for the start up until it gets to the desktop..as a matter of fact..i pulled my battery before this post and it took a total of 10 mins with the blue progress bar at the bottom of the white screen..very frustrating..any suggestions as to wat the problem could be?
    04-16-09 05:50 PM
    Seems the number and types of apps you have and the theme you are currently using may contributes to slow startup, just like a regular computer. Maybe try switching themes and see what happens.
    04-16-09 06:06 PM
    10 minutes? Holy carp, I think that's the longest I've heard! Do you have a lot of messages and such stored on your phone? Mine takes 2.5 minutes and I think that's a long time! I have quite a few apps and 10GB of stuff on my media card too. However, I don't keep long lists of messages on my phone.
    04-16-09 06:17 PM
    10 mins?! WOW. And I thought the 3 minutes I have to suffer was long. Have you tried pressing the End button(the red one) after about 3 mins?
    04-16-09 06:31 PM
    Maybe it's getting pissed off at having the battery pulled so often?
    04-16-09 07:22 PM
    Agree with previous poster. How many apps do you have installed? How many themes? Also, do you have Weatherbug? I did an experiment and found that it slows down bootup A LOT.
    04-16-09 07:48 PM
    I have noticed that this varies for me based on how much memory leaking has occurred.

Often times my "Available Application Memory" erodes away down to < 3MB whether I am installing/loading stuff or not.

When I do a battery pull/reboot it comes back with >20MB just by fully restarting. The worse the memory drain was, the longer my reboot takes it seems.

Not much help, I guess - but seems to be a symptom for me anyway
    04-16-09 08:23 PM
    no additional themes downloaded..even got rid of some of the messenger programs and programs i dont use often..i downloaded a couple additional programs..but no more than 5 or 6..it seems like i do hav sum memory leak..but never dropping below 10mb..even after deleting all those unnecessary programs it boosted up to 30mb..and still has a slow start up..and i dont pull the battery excessively..just what the verizon rep recommended..2 times a week
    04-16-09 09:33 PM
    I am having a similar issue with my curve. My BB is essentially stock with the exception of five new apps (Opera Mini, KeyPassBB, Google Maps, QuickLaunch, and Quick Pull.) no additional themes. Each startup seems to be taking longer and longer. From reading around, might this be an OS issue? I am still running the OS that shipped with the phone. It ends in .77

Edit: oops wrong forum section.
    07-13-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD