i have .75 and my phone is slow in reacting to me. it scrolls slow, and app take a long time to load.

Any suggestions please? first time with a storm.
    also maybe a dumb question but can i explore balck berry app world with my desktop instead of my phone.

thanks
    04-03-09 02:23 PM
    it's probably because you are using .75...

take a trip to the beta OS section and skim through the threads on the first page about upgrading to .113 if you're interested in downloading a BETA to improve your storm. If not, you're going to have to wait until verizon releases the official .113 upgrade.

You could also hold down the menu key and see how many apps you actually have open at a time.

and no, to your last question.

hope this helps!
    04-03-09 02:31 PM
    I think this calls for the almighty BATTERY PULL.
    04-03-09 02:35 PM
    the battery pull does work wonders if you have a few minutes for the phone to restart. i had the same problem, it was EXTREMELY slow with sending texts/email and the type lag was ridiculous. i finally installed the leaked .113 and it seems to have changed things immensely, for the better, of course. i did have some trouble installing it. if you search around the forums, you'll find out how to do it. you have to delete the vendor file, re-download DM and play around for a bit. so far, so good with the new os though. there's a few things i don't like, but it performs MUCH better!
    04-03-09 04:43 PM
    mine was slow as well... and i kinda got used to it and didnt upgrade to .113 for fear of screwing something up.

i finally made an attempt to install .113 and was successful!!!

phone is noticeably quicker... much improved. granted- its not *instant* response, but it is definitely noticeable.
    04-03-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD