I have a week-old Storm. Here's the issue. I have a Verizon holster but I can never get the phone to go to sleep when holstered. My friend's Storm, goes to sleep just fine using my holster so I know the holster has the magnet in it.

So I was thinking maybe I have a defective phone but if I place a larger magnet on the phone, it goes to sleep just fine. It's almost like my phone is not sensitive enough for my holster's smaller magnet.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
    04-22-09 11:16 AM
    The back light should turn off when the phone is almost all the way (about 90%) in the holster. Is it doing this?
    04-22-09 11:29 AM
    No. The only way it works is to use a large magnet. I'm at the Verizon store and cannot get any holster to work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 11:55 AM
    Verizon store suggested just replacing the phone. I'm not sure I want to do that at this time. May try to rig up a stronger magnet on the holster since I like everything else about the phone.

How much of a hassle is it to get a replacement phone? I'm thinking about the installed applications, etc. I have backed up the phone using the Blackberry Desktop manager or whatever its called.
    Last edited by carlos31820; 04-22-09 at 01:25 PM.
    04-22-09 01:17 PM
    You can back up your 3rd party app's and then install them on a new storm. There are directions in the OS forum. Its not that hard to get a replacement verizon will have one shipped to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD