So, I've been waiting for this fantasmic Storm forever. The excitement even carried over to my girlfriend, who also wanted one but wants to wait for the NE2 deal. My business rep secured one for me on launch date...

I love this device, and can't wait to update my phone...whenever the OTA upgrade decides to show up on the West Coast today. However, my infatuation with this Crackberry has...infuriated my girlfriend, who now totally despises it! Now she doesn't even want one anymore! I mean, it's not my fault I get work emails all the time, right?

Anyways, just wanted to share my story and see if anyone else has had similar ones! Did I mention I love this thing??
    12-05-08 02:38 PM
    My girlfriend grabs my phone every chance she has and plays brick breaker for hours straight, I don't know if thats comparable to your story. But it really annoys me. hah
    12-05-08 02:44 PM
    So, I've been waiting for this fantasmic Storm forever. The excitement even carried over to my girlfriend, who also wanted one but wants to wait for the NE2 deal. My business rep secured one for me on launch date...

I love this device, and can't wait to update my phone...whenever the OTA upgrade decides to show up on the West Coast today. However, my infatuation with this Crackberry has...infuriated my girlfriend, who now totally despises it! Now she doesn't even want one anymore! I mean, it's not my fault I get work emails all the time, right?

Anyways, just wanted to share my story and see if anyone else has had similar ones! Did I mention I love this thing??
    They call it a Crackberry because we are addicted to the device, BUT I too am addicted to this Forum. It has not yet become a problem with my girlfriend, BUT there's another Sports Forum where I am a moderator, that she DOES have a problem with. She thinks she's an internet widow. GUILTY!

Anyways, one night last week I was on my blackberry after she feel asleep, BUT she woke up, and then quickly grabbed the device. I was TRYING to be quiet, but I think the clicking woke her. Yes you guessed it, I was on that sports forum (but I HAD been on Crackberry.com BEFORE she woke up). She turned off the storm, and then made a humf sound and loudly said GOODNIGHT RICH!

EDIT: Lets make this a sticky it could be pretty funny. j/k <sly grin>
    Last edited by pkcable; 12-05-08 at 02:53 PM.
    12-05-08 02:51 PM
    I bought her one too. I knew she would be mad at my obsession....

But...

Now we sit on the couch at night and chat with each other using BB messenger.... Its really quite sad.... There is just certain things you don't get in real life interaction, like emoticons...
    12-05-08 02:53 PM
    bwahahaha @ some of the stories!

Mine: I got mine on the release date and played w/ it from 7pm to 1am. That's where it started. My SO already hates the site of me holding a phone b/c he's jealous but my obsessive disorder to play w/ this one is driving him nuts. He was around for the release of the Pearl so I don't know why he's acting brand new.

Anyways, We fly to Detroit on Thanksgiving and I met his family for the first time. I tried so hard not to touch it but I couldn't help it. I had just dloaded about 300 songs to it the night before. I snuck off into the kids' room and started listening w/ my earbuds. He caught me and it was over. Was mad for 2 days. During which, I said "oh well," listened to music and played Word Mole the whole time. His family didn't like me anyway!
    12-05-08 03:08 PM
    Yeah, the look/glare she gives me when she wakes up to see me on my Storm is ... wait for it ... PRICELESS!

I am relieved that others can relate!

Even better, my business rep accidentally sent 2 Storms to me on launch day via FedEx (which I did not know at the time). My girlfiend signed for it, and the FedEx guy said, "looks like both of you got the new Storms!" (side note: How the FedEx guy knew that is beyond me!) She then sent a pic msg to me, and under the pic was "You got one for me too!" Sadly, the business rep wouldn't let me keep it. So, when I got home, I felt like a parent taking the family pet away from a kid. It was terrible!
    12-05-08 03:17 PM
    Just wanted to brag a little about my girlfriend -- she's been the most understanding and supportive person about this whole Storm obsession. And yes, this was really an obsession, but I won't go into any details about that.

Verizon finally shipped out the Storm for Monday (Dec 8th) by 7PM delivery. We both stayed home waiting... We live on a fifth floor, and she told every time she heard a truck drive by so I could run to the window and check if it's a FedEx.

Unfortunately, VZ got my address wrong and it wasn't delivered. She helped me yell at fedex, and later, Verizon support. Then was totally supportive of me running out at 8 pm to drive to FedEx location that closes at 8:15. Even offered to come with me.

Once I got it, she let me play with it till we went to sleep - around 5 hours. Yes, I'm talking about the blackberry.

I can't imagine another person who wouldn't call me an f-ing ***** for running to the window every time a truck went by or running outside whenever a FedEx truck parked.

Just wanted to say, she's the best.
    12-09-08 11:27 AM
    My girlfriend grabs my phone every chance she has and plays brick breaker for hours straight, I don't know if thats comparable to your story. But it really annoys me. hah

sounds like you know what to get her for xmas... tell her to keep her grubby mitts off your storm.
    12-09-08 11:47 AM
    BlackWidowinSC smiles as she thinks about what happened to the last man who tried to take away her BlackBerry Storm.
    12-09-08 11:52 AM
    everytime i'm on crackberry at home my gf says "why are you so obsessed with that site?"

i say, "i like to read about this sorta stuff" and then start playing call of duty and she leaves me alone
    12-09-08 11:56 AM
    My wife dislikes the bold about as much as she disliked my htc phones. I spend more time on the bold but I get more done with it so she let's it go.
    She's made a few grabs for bold but never bothered with the htcs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 12:02 PM
    Just wanted to brag a little about my girlfriend -- she's been the most understanding and supportive person about this whole Storm obsession. And yes, this was really an obsession, but I won't go into any details about that.

Verizon finally shipped out the Storm for Monday (Dec 8th) by 7PM delivery. We both stayed home waiting... We live on a fifth floor, and she told every time she heard a truck drive by so I could run to the window and check if it's a FedEx.

Unfortunately, VZ got my address wrong and it wasn't delivered. She helped me yell at fedex, and later, Verizon support. Then was totally supportive of me running out at 8 pm to drive to FedEx location that closes at 8:15. Even offered to come with me.

Once I got it, she let me play with it till we went to sleep - around 5 hours. Yes, I'm talking about the blackberry.

I can't imagine another person who wouldn't call me an f-ing ***** for running to the window every time a truck went by or running outside whenever a FedEx truck parked.

Just wanted to say, she's the best.
    HEY! Get your, you have a great girlfriend and shes everything I would ever want in a girl, bullsh1t off these forums!!@ This thread is for depressed, under privileged people who just want to be alone with their Storms.

BTW- WTB Girl who doesn't *****
    12-09-08 12:11 PM
    BlackBerry > Girlfriends. Your BlackBerry will never leave you.
    12-09-08 12:17 PM
    This is funny because my girl wanted a Storm too. This phone came out 9 days before our anniversary so it was gonna be our anniversary present to eachother, but INSTEAD I got her a 4300 dollar new ring. Yes, you read that right 4300 bucks for a new ring. Anyways, now she's mad because she doesn't have the storm, and her ring isn't here yet so she's upset I have my present and she doesn't have hers. Good lord. She gets so upset when I'm on my phone. Last night she was furious with me for being on my phone...while she was in the shower...after she got home from work. She gets mad if my phone goes off cause I have to take it out and she has to see what she doesn't have. Kinda funny. She's heard all the bad stuff about the storm and tries to clown and say I have a ****ty phone, yet, she still wants one. Whomp whomp.
    12-09-08 12:26 PM
    I wake up and look over and she snatched my phone up and is playing wordmole every morning. I'm sure she hates that I'm on it so much but she loves it too.
    12-09-08 12:29 PM
    True... but if you have the right girlfriend... your girlfriend doesnt have any lag when you want to move her from portrait to landscape.
    12-09-08 12:51 PM
    True but if your blackberry gets wet it will die
    If your girlfriend gets wet....well
    12-09-08 12:54 PM
    True... but if you have the right girlfriend... your girlfriend doesnt have any lag when you want to move her from portrait to landscape.

LOL...........funniest. post. ever.
    12-09-08 12:58 PM
    Now that I have a storm it seems to be the only thing in my life that will go landscape or portrait for me. LOL
    My Girl hates my Blackberry and my addiction.
    But hey if I remember someone on here figured out how to get P0RN on this thing so I guess at least I have a plan B.
    12-09-08 01:05 PM
    This is funny because my girl wanted a Storm too. This phone came out 9 days before our anniversary so it was gonna be our anniversary present to eachother, but INSTEAD I got her a 4300 dollar new ring. Yes, you read that right 4300 bucks for a new ring. Anyways, now she's mad because she doesn't have the storm, and her ring isn't here yet so she's upset I have my present and she doesn't have hers. Good lord. She gets so upset when I'm on my phone. Last night she was furious with me for being on my phone...while she was in the shower...after she got home from work. She gets mad if my phone goes off cause I have to take it out and she has to see what she doesn't have. Kinda funny. She's heard all the bad stuff about the storm and tries to clown and say I have a ****ty phone, yet, she still wants one. Whomp whomp.
    Return the ring, get a 2000 one (which would also be a pretty nice ring) and then get her the Storm, and pocket the rest.

DAMN, you mean I'm gonna have to return my g/f to verizon TOO!!! She's laggy as **** in that department. Actually she goes landscape WAY before me and then is in "sleep" mode when I get there. Fortunately she wakes me up early some mornings and send me off to work RIGHT!.
    12-09-08 01:10 PM
    This thread is funny
    12-09-08 01:13 PM
    This thread is funny
    BTW I am using your wallpaper. Someone today said OMG you broke your storm.... They all know how obsessed I am about it.... But I pointed out it was just the wallpaper (truth be told I've been trying to get people to "see" it all day.

Yea I love this thread too, with all the flaming that's going on in some threads it's nice to have one to just laugh at!
    12-09-08 01:43 PM
    BTW I am using your wallpaper. Someone today said OMG you broke your storm.... They all know how obsessed I am about it.... But I pointed out it was just the wallpaper (truth be told I've been trying to get people to "see" it all day.

Yea I love this thread too, with all the flaming that's going on in some threads it's nice to have one to just laugh at!
    I had that wallpaper for a few days and even time I would look at the main screen I would have like a mini panic attack lol. Then I would be like ohh yeah I'm an *****. It's funny to see some people's face though when you show them. Makes me laugh every time.
    12-09-08 01:48 PM
    bwahahaha @ some of the stories!

Mine: I got mine on the release date and played w/ it from 7pm to 1am. That's where it started. My SO already hates the site of me holding a phone b/c he's jealous but my obsessive disorder to play w/ this one is driving him nuts. He was around for the release of the Pearl so I don't know why he's acting brand new.

Anyways, We fly to Detroit on Thanksgiving and I met his family for the first time. I tried so hard not to touch it but I couldn't help it. I had just dloaded about 300 songs to it the night before. I snuck off into the kids' room and started listening w/ my earbuds. He caught me and it was over. Was mad for 2 days. During which, I said "oh well," listened to music and played Word Mole the whole time. His family didn't like me anyway!
    WOW... looks like I just lost my significant other. Seriously. He started an argument w/ me and it escalated b/c I wouldn't take my head up from my Storm.
    12-09-08 02:15 PM
    WOW... looks like I just lost my significant other. Seriously. He started an argument w/ me and it escalated b/c I wouldn't take my head up from my Storm.
    So you are single now?
    12-09-08 02:32 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD