For anybody who has the Storm (or anybody who doesn't and might know the answer), is it possible to save contacts and SMS messages to the SIM card?
    11-21-08 02:40 PM
    You can save contacts, but it's a real task to do it since you can only save one contact at a time to the SIM card. You can store SMS messages on the SIM as well. Check the SMS Text options. The big problem with storing them on the SIM is that it is a smaller and less sophisticated storage means for that data. I wouldn't recommend it.
    11-21-08 02:52 PM
    I have been working with BBs since the 6700 series and contacts are never saved to the SIM card, they reside on the device memory.

If you are moving to the storm, you need to backup your contacts database to you PC, or sync to Outlook. Then move them back over to the storm.

Are you on a corporate Enterprise server? If so, don't worry. All your stuff is backed up. After you get the storm, all your data will move the new device when they do the enterprise activation.
    11-21-08 02:56 PM
    You can save contacts, but it's a real task to do it since you can only save one contact at a time to the SIM card. You can store SMS messages on the SIM as well. Check the SMS Text options. The big problem with storing them on the SIM is that it is a smaller and less sophisticated storage means for that data. I wouldn't recommend it.
    yeah i figured it would be a tedious process and overall unnecessary need but I was just curious, I think I mayb had one phone that used a SIM Card, and that was several years ago, im not sure though, i know i had one of the first GSM phones on Cingular/ATT, and because service was terrible I switched to Verizon and havent looked back
    Last edited by kevin.py; 11-21-08 at 03:33 PM.
    11-21-08 03:30 PM
    I have been working with BBs since the 6700 series and contacts are never saved to the SIM card, they reside on the device memory.

If you are moving to the storm, you need to backup your contacts database to you PC, or sync to Outlook. Then move them back over to the storm.

Are you on a corporate Enterprise server? If so, don't worry. All your stuff is backed up. After you get the storm, all your data will move the new device when they do the enterprise activation.

Im not on an enterprise server, my device is for personal use, however I do regularly back up everything to my pc using the desktop manager and microsoft outlook
    11-21-08 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD