I have a Verizon Storm, and it's showing SIM Card Rejected on the home screen. Everything works fine, because I'm not using GSM. But how can I get rid of that stupid message?
    11-25-08 04:56 PM
    Battery pull will clear it up, well at least it did for me.
    11-25-08 04:57 PM
    I tried that, and it cleared it for a few hours. Then it came back.
    11-25-08 04:57 PM
    I had this too but it went away...should I worry about there being something wrong with the sim card itself or should I be fine?

It hasn't come back in like 2-3 days

Thanks
    11-25-08 04:58 PM
    Turn your connection to XEV only instead of Global or just pull the SIM out completely if you don't use it.
    11-25-08 04:59 PM
    Turn your connection to XEV only instead of Global or just pull the SIM out completely if you don't use it.
    I tried changing the Network Technology to 1XEV, and it didn't clear the message. But I can't figure out how to pull the SIM card out for the life of me. Is there a tutorial somewhere?
    11-25-08 05:01 PM
    Mine had the same problem and i removed the SIM. Not needed unless traveling overseas anyway. To get the sim out is kinda hard, but if you use your finger nails or a small pair of tweezers/precision pliers and start on the left side and work it out slowly it will come out. It took awhile to get it out, but since removing it i seem to get a better signal. go figure.
    11-25-08 05:16 PM
    I'll have to give the tweezers a shot later, when I can afford to have the phone out of commission while it completes it's lengthy startup process.
    11-25-08 05:17 PM
    Just removed mine, the message kept coming back before, never affected anything but still annoyed me.
    11-25-08 05:30 PM
    Dumb question, but can't you plop a sim card from another carrier In there after unlocking it? I work for att, currently have service from Verizon, and pining after the cheaper and more practical rates of tmobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 06:56 PM
    I tried changing the Network Technology to 1XEV, and it didn't clear the message. But I can't figure out how to pull the SIM card out for the life of me. Is there a tutorial somewhere?
    Pull out the battery. Slide the sim upwards out of the cage it's in. It slides out... use the pillow of your finger to nudge it up and out.
    11-25-08 07:00 PM
    I just got that message so i removed my battery took the sim card out and used the space to put my old 8gb memory card. so its kind of like a little storage place now.

11-26-08 07:32 PM
    even if u put an att simcard in there it won't say sim rejected.... i tried it today already but i am gonna unlock it on friday and try to see if i can sorta get it running on the att network ... ill keep u all posted about it here soon =)
    11-26-08 09:57 PM
    i got the same message, battery pull worked for me
    11-26-08 10:14 PM
    Options:Mobile Network:Network Technology - select 1XEV. This will disable the Storm from pinging the SimCard for the GSM/UMTS network. Do a hard reset (remove the battery and put it back) in to remove the 'SimCard Rejected' message. The 'SimCard Rejected' message will never appear again (lest you switch your network back to Global or GMS/UMTS). Hope that helps.
    01-13-09 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD