I have recently noticed that my Storm has been displaying Sim Card Rejected on the very top of my screen. I cant find an explanation for this. When it appears I have to shut the phone off and then turn it back on again. This seems to clear. it Can anyone help ?

thanks
    01-04-09 08:30 AM
    If you are running Leaked .85 you are one of the many having this problem.
    01-04-09 08:37 AM
    try this options mobile network and make sure it is set to 1XEV If it is set to global that is your problem. Good Luck
    01-04-09 08:41 AM
    I have recently noticed that my Storm has been displaying Sim Card Rejected on the very top of my screen. I cant find an explanation for this. When it appears I have to shut the phone off and then turn it back on again. This seems to clear. it Can anyone help ?

thanks
    Read my thread in the Hints and FAQ section to fix this problem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/so...jected-122706/

It will work, some people who say it didn't work, didn't follow the directions. Some also just removed the SIM card but you don't need to do that if you disable following the instructions.
    01-04-09 09:07 AM
    Hi Eveybody,
    I have been using this device roughly 10 days which I got a gift from my buddy, It's a Blackberry Storm 9500 Vodafone UK device which I unlocked it just fine. I have been using this phone with my operator for at least 10 days and all of a sudden SIM CARD REJECTED error started to appear on the very top of the screen. I pretty much tried everything so far, removing battery and sim card didn't fix the problem. I wiped out everything and I gave it a shot, same thing.. I tried 5 different SIM cards from different operators, what's happening was, the logo of the service provider and the full signal strength icon appeared on the screen for 2-3 secs and this stupid error message came on again. I am desperately looking for any kind of help, blackberry becomes troubleberry and It's startinn to get n my nerves... Thanks in advance..
    01-04-09 11:52 AM
    Hi Eveybody,
    I have been using this device roughly 10 days which I got a gift from my buddy, It's a Blackberry Storm 9500 Vodafone UK device which I unlocked it just fine. I have been using this phone with my operator for at least 10 days and all of a sudden SIM CARD REJECTED error started to appear on the very top of the screen. I pretty much tried everything so far, removing battery and sim card didn't fix the problem. I wiped out everything and I gave it a shot, same thing.. I tried 5 different SIM cards from different operators, what's happening was, the logo of the service provider and the full signal strength icon appeared on the screen for 2-3 secs and this stupid error message came on again. I am desperately looking for any kind of help, blackberry becomes troubleberry and It's startinn to get n my nerves... Thanks in advance..
    Did you look at the post above yours?
    01-04-09 12:00 PM
    As long as you don't plan to leave the country or unlock your phone to use an another network, I would just remove the sim card. There is no real reason to have it in.
    01-04-09 12:02 PM
    Did you look at the post above yours?
    Hi there,
    Thank you for your quick response but this is not a storm 9530, this is storm 9500 and we dont use cdma technology here in europe so your solution only applies to the people living in states, if you have any other solution, I'd really appreciate it... Regards.
    01-04-09 12:20 PM
    Hi there,
    Thank you for your quick response but this is not a storm 9530, this is storm 9500 and we dont use cdma technology here in europe so your solution only applies to the people living in states, if you have any other solution, I'd really appreciate it... Regards.
    Ok, sorry didn't realize that. Try it anyway LOL.
    01-04-09 01:04 PM
    Well, I now know for a fact that if you try to get a signal over Virginia at 35,000 feet you will get a "sim card rejected". Changing back to 1XEV from global fixed it.
    01-06-09 11:57 PM
    What is the downside when it says this? I have .85 and it says this with me, and like the OP i too just turn the phone off and reset it.

And also one more thing, if i choose to go over seas, will this phone work with a SIM Card from carriers down there(bolivia)? Tahts how it works right?
    Last edited by BolivianFuego; 01-07-09 at 12:22 AM.
    01-07-09 12:19 AM
    I am usingmy unlocked Blackberry storm with AT&T network. Next week i will be planning to travel to India and i already have a sim card. I have been trying to put the sim card of India service provider and it gives me a sim card error. Please advise what needs to be done.
    08-10-09 03:38 PM
    i dont have this problem
    08-10-09 04:02 PM
    Another option....

Mine started doing this out of the blue and got worse. I finally found the problem.... I had loosened the two torx screws for a fix to the screen click. Apparently they loosened up a bit which made for a loose fit for the SIM card. Once I snugged those a wee bit the problem went away.

Something to consider....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 09:24 PM
    Iseegreen: You say "a sim card error". What is the exact wording of the error? Is it "Sim card rejected" or something else? Also what O.S. are you running?

Im also guessing you are no longer running .85 since its been 6 months since that OS has been in service?
    08-11-09 06:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD