Hey guys. Just bought my Storm yesterday (and its my first blackberry). I love it so far, but since i got it a message has been bothering me that is posted right above where the time is listed on my phone. It just says SIM Card Rejected. Any idea how to get rid of the message? Or am i stuck with it?
    12-29-08 09:01 AM
    just do a battery pull along with a SIM card pull. that should make it go away.

ive found i get "SIM card rejected" everytime im in an area with no service for an extended period of time.

It annoyed me so much i removed my SIM card altogether, just keep it safely at home. phone works fine without it and no SIM card rejected messages
    12-29-08 09:04 AM
    just do a battery pull along with a SIM card pull. that should make it go away.

ive found i get "SIM card rejected" everytime im in an area with no service for an extended period of time.

It annoyed me so much i removed my SIM card altogether, just keep it safely at home. phone works fine without it and no SIM card rejected messages

I say this all the time, Call Customer Service, ask to speak with GLOBAL SUPPORT and tell them you would like to REGISTER YOUR SIM and you will NEVER get that again...
    12-29-08 09:07 AM
    My first recommendation is to do a search because this has been addressed quite a bit. In any case, here is what I figured out when searching:

1. The SIM card is not needed here in the US and is included because the phone can be used worldwide.

2. If you are going over seas and need the SIM card, someone said they called up Verizon to get the SIM card ID linked to their account and that fixed the problem.

3. If you are just sitting in the US, and don't need the SIM card, goto Options->Mobile Network and set Network Technology to 1XEV. If you later decided to travel over seas, you will have to set that back to Global and call up Verizon to link the SIM ID to your account.

4. After making changes, you will likely need to do a battery pull to remove the message but it should not come back.

If anyone finds any of this info to be false, let me know but this is what I have found
    12-29-08 09:10 AM
    Thanks for the fast response guys. Going to try what you said ggeffon. If that doesnt work for some reason ill try to removal.
    12-29-08 09:11 AM
    3. If you are just sitting in the US, and don't need the SIM card, goto Options->Mobile Network and set Network Technology to 1XEV. If you later decided to travel over seas, you will have to set that back to Global and call up Verizon to link the SIM ID to your account.
    This is the option that works. Unless you are headed overseas, there is no reason to have it set to Global..
    12-29-08 10:28 AM
    Many other threads about this. When the storm asks you if you want the phone to automatically chose between CDMA and GSM - select now and check the don't ask again box.
    12-29-08 11:24 AM
    Sim card error means your sim card is not registered with your service provider o will be registered soon. This is not a BB issue. Contact your customer support.
    12-29-08 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD