I woke up this morning and at the top of my Storm it says....SIM Card Rejected. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is showing up? I haven't removed the back casing or touched the SIM card in over a week (nor have I ever dropped it or caused any sort of vibration/shock to it). I also got a notification that my Verizon Auto-bill pay went through successfully yesterday, so my account should be current. any suggestions besides calling customer service?
    12-14-08 12:58 PM
    I got it once and did a battery pull and have not ever seen it again.
    12-14-08 12:59 PM
    Mine phone says that when I can't find signal for a while. My guess is the phone then tries to use the GSM radio to find signal. I could be completely wrong though on this. Once I move into an area when I can get signal off Verizon's network again the message stays on the phone. It goes away if I reboot my phone I noticed. It shouldn't really affect you phone at least that is what I've noticed from when it comes up on my phone.
    12-14-08 01:01 PM
    I like your hypothesis milleraz. I got it when I was in a mall that has no signal at all. You may be on to something.
    12-14-08 01:04 PM
    Do a search, this has been covered a million times.
    12-14-08 01:04 PM
    For those too lazy to search, call Verizon Global Services at 1-888-844-0395 and have them activate your SIM in the system. Another option is to go into the Mobile Network settings on your options and choose "1XEV" for the Network Technology.
    12-14-08 01:25 PM
    ^^^^^^^thank you^^^^^^^^^lol
    12-14-08 01:30 PM
    I had the same issue since day 1. Doing a battery pull/soft reset alone fixed the problem for a day maybe, but then it would show Rejected again. I pulled out the SIM card and put it back in (same as a battery pull, but with the card). Restarted my phone and no problems since them. Recognizes my SIM card every time.
    12-14-08 02:32 PM
    Yeah, not a big deal. Happens from time to time. Just happened to me again today. Battery pull isn't even necessary. Just turn your phone off and on.
    12-14-08 05:20 PM
    i pulled my sim and rubbed it on my jeans and put it back in and that solved it
    12-14-08 05:25 PM
    Just, like one poster already said, call Verizon Global Support and have them activate the SIM card. It costs you nothing except for 5 minutes of your time. You'll spend more time than that waiting for battery pulls.
    12-14-08 05:28 PM
    Gee, this is the first I've heard of this happening.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=7497441
    12-14-08 05:33 PM
    Lol @ SPOTMARK this is probably one of the least searched items but the most posted....
    12-14-08 05:34 PM
    Lol @ SPOTMARK this is probably one of the least searched items but the most posted....
    Yeah, there's over 20 threads regarding this matter, and people wonder why others get upset, that people are too lazy to use the search function. I put "sim rejected" into the search box, and it found all those threads in .06 seconds.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 12-14-08 at 05:45 PM.
    12-14-08 05:39 PM
    And with 94 posts too....what a shame....
    12-14-08 05:41 PM
    Battery pulls only reset the error until you lose signal again, then the error message will return. So it's not really fixing anything. The only true fix is to register your SIM with Verizon and what that actually does is allow you to then use your Verizon SIM while roaming on GSM networks overseas. (that's if you do not want to unlock it and use a foreign SIM)
    12-14-08 05:42 PM
    I returned my Storm after 20 days use - i'm what Vzw refers to as a "power user" and while I loved the Storm a touch screen just isn't as fast to type on as a keyboard, and I generate too many emails to be able to stick w/ a touch screen...

so I don't have my Storm in front of me to give you step by step instructions, but when I had this problem Vzw walked me through it and there is a fix.

I blv when in the US you have to switch your network setting so that it is CDMA only (as opposed to CDMA and GPS pending availability) and switch it OFF global mode. then it won't be trying to use your SIM Card domestically, and thus won't be rejecting your SIM since Vzw does not draw from the SIM domestically, since Vzw is a CDMA network, if that makes sense.

hope that helps.
    12-14-08 05:45 PM
    Yeah, no problem, just call the Verizon Global number and it takes about 5 minutes. Call from a different number since I guess they can't do it while you are on the phone with the Storm.
    12-14-08 06:55 PM
    You're talking about two separate issues.

Getting your card activated will NOT stop the 'SIM card rejected' message.

Yes, you can call VZ and have your SIM card activated. As you'll read above, that will in fact allow you to use your phone overseas.(...at $1.29 a minute. If you call VZ and buy their global travel pkg at $69/mo, that cost is reduced to $.99 a minute.)

(And no, you don't need to do this from a separate phone. Just go into 'options' , 'advanced options', 'sim card,' and write down the number. Then call*611 from your Storm to have the SIM card activated.)

But that won't stop the messages. The only way to stop the 'SIM card rejected' message is to choose "1XEV" instead of 'global' in Network Technology.

If you choose 'global,' the phone - and sim card - will continue searching for a GSM network...and unless you're overseas it won't find one, and the result will be 'sim card rejected.'

If you choose 'IXEV,' the phone and SIM card will stop searching for a signal that isn't there.
    Last edited by HD_Dude; 12-14-08 at 11:11 PM.
    12-14-08 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD