I just started getting an error "sim card not working" Event log says SIMcard.invalid. I am on a 9350 on verizon. OS 5.0.0.419. Everything was working great until I noticed about 1/2 hour ago. Any ideas on this?

Thanks...
    01-17-10 10:15 PM
    Are you in the USA? If so, you don't need the SIM card. The SIM card is only for use on GSM networks. If you are on VZW's network, the SIM card is not used, since CDMA does not use it.
    01-17-10 10:17 PM
    Are you in the USA? If so, you don't need the SIM card. The SIM card is only for use on GSM networks. If you are on VZW's network, the SIM card is not used, since CDMA does not use it.
    yes I am in the USA. I can call, send e-mail, but if I try to send an e-mail with attachment, it will not send. I have had this phone for about 3 weeks and this is the first time the error came up.
    01-17-10 10:20 PM
    yes I am in the USA. I can call, send e-mail, but if I try to send an e-mail with attachment, it will not send. I have had this phone for about 3 weeks and this is the first time the error came up.
    You could even remove the SIM card or turn it backwards if you are in the USA.

Your issue has nothing to do with the SIM card.

How big are the attachments you are trying to send? Anything bigger than 2.9 MB cannot be sent. That is a limitation of BIS.
    01-17-10 10:22 PM
    that is true but your device is Global so if you should travel abroad or even in Mexico you can use it. Just have to call and activate the sim card
    01-17-10 10:24 PM
    that is true but your device is Global so if you should travel abroad or even in Mexico you can use it. Just have to call and activate the sim card
    What you said is correct; however, the OP's problem with e-mail attachments has nothing to do with the SIM card.
    01-17-10 10:25 PM
    You could even remove the SIM card or turn it backwards if you are in the USA.

Your issue has nothing to do with the SIM card.

How big are the attachments you are trying to send? Anything bigger than 2.9 MB cannot be sent. That is a limitation of BIS.
    The attachment is a screen shot of my phone from Quick launch, 34.5 kb. across the top of my screen above the time, it says "sim card error"
    01-17-10 10:28 PM
    The attachment is a screen shot of my phone from Quick launch, 34.5 kb. across the top of my screen above the time, it says "sim card error"
    Have you tried a battery pull? What happens if you remove the SIM card?
    01-17-10 10:30 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull? What happens if you remove the SIM card?
    Tried battery pull, have not removed the sim car. Will do that now. Thanks for your help.
    01-17-10 10:32 PM
    Removed sim card. Resent existing e-mail that showed error, did not send. Took 2 more screen shots, both of those went through with out error. So far all seems ok now. Thanks lak611. I really appreciate your help!!
    Possibly a corrupted attachment? Does date get written to the sim car at all?
    01-17-10 10:43 PM
    Removed sim card. Resent existing e-mail that showed error, did not send. Took 2 more screen shots, both of those went through with out error. So far all seems ok now. Thanks lak611. I really appreciate your help!!
    Possibly a corrupted attachment? Does date get written to the sim car at all?
    Media definitely does not get written to SIM cards. You are probably right about the attachment being corrupted.

I'm glad your attachments are working now.
    01-17-10 10:46 PM
    Media definitely does not get written to SIM cards. You are probably right about the attachment being corrupted.

I'm glad your attachments are working now.
    But the question remains, why a sim card error after 3 weeks of working great? any idea? Especially if Verizon doesn't require a sim card. Just wondering cause of original error.
    01-17-10 10:52 PM
    But the question remains, why a sim card error after 3 weeks of working great? any idea? Especially if Verizon doesn't require a sim card. Just wondering cause of original error.
    I'm not really sure. If you plan to travel overseas, you could always ask VZW for a new SIM card.

Since I'm on AT&T, I couldn't even make calls if my SIM card had errors.

The carriers will give you a new SIM card if there is something wrong with it.
    01-17-10 10:54 PM
    I'm not really sure. If you plan to travel overseas, you could always ask VZW for a new SIM card.

Since I'm on AT&T, I couldn't even make calls if my SIM card had errors.

The carriers will give you a new SIM card if there is something wrong with it.
    I do travel to Taiwan a bit. Can sim card be tested? Or should I just request a new one? Or actually, I should just get a sim card from a carrier in Taiwan, correct? And get my phone unlocked?
    01-17-10 10:58 PM
    Or actually, I should just get a sim card from a carrier in Taiwan, correct? And get my phone unlocked?
    That would be your least expensive option. It would be very expensive to use VZW's international plan. You can tell VZW that you are traveling and need an unlock code. They should give you one free of charge. There are also several unlockers here on CrackBerry in the unlocking forum.
    01-17-10 11:01 PM
    That would be your least expensive option. It would be very expensive to use VZW's international plan. You can tell VZW that you are traveling and need an unlock code. They should give you one free of charge. There are also several unlockers here on CrackBerry in the unlocking forum.
    Cool. Thanks again, And have a great evening!!!
    01-17-10 11:03 PM
    Cool. Thanks again, And have a great evening!!!
    You're welcome.
    01-17-10 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD