Can you not delete factory ring tones and wallpaper? I was using shrink os and shrunk the os but when I re loaded they were all there. Can this not be done?
    10-02-09 09:09 AM
    I use bbfilescout, it will show and delete anything on the phone. Plus, it's free!
    10-02-09 11:14 AM
    Thanks will give it a try.
    10-02-09 12:10 PM
    Download install failed, could it be the os I am running?
    10-02-09 12:19 PM
    Well I got it to work and then did some reading and this program is even unable to remove the screen/thumbnails that came with the os. They are protected as I assume the ring tones are also.
    10-02-09 12:40 PM
    You should be able to remove using bbfilescout. Been doing this for awhile now.

On using shrink-a-os, you have to be actually upgrading/downgrading from a different OS. i.e. wipe phone, istall "official" os (you may have to shrink to get the wallpapers and ringtones removed), install on phone. Next install the os that you want to upgrade to, shrink, install on phone and all should be good.
    10-02-09 02:27 PM
    Well on file/support on bbfiledcout it said I wouldnt be able to remove the locked thumbnails. I shrunk the os and removed the thumbnails and ringtones. I wiped my phone and reinstalled the os and they were still there. I then went through the process of installing app and contacts. Can you tell me how you removed your ringtones using bbfilescout? Mayne the problem is Im not usinf an official os. Im using .238.
    10-02-09 02:38 PM
    Well on file/support on bbfiledcout it said I wouldnt be able to remove the locked thumbnails. I shrunk the os and removed the thumbnails and ringtones. I wiped my phone and reinstalled the os and they were still there. I then went through the process of installing app and contacts. Can you tell me how you removed your ringtones using bbfilescout? Mayne the problem is Im not usinf an official os. Im using .238.
    The files that you want to delete are located in the system folder. Bbfilescout cannot access the system folder on OS 5.0.230. It will work for older versions of the OS.

I have not been able to delete these items with Shrink. Others have used bbsak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 03:54 PM
    Well I guess it really wont save much room anyhow. Guess its not really worth the hassel of trying to figure ot out. I looked at it but had no idea.
    10-02-09 05:47 PM
    If you're on a 5.0 OS then you really won't need the extra space. The memory management is very well. Especially on .230

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD