Hello Everyone. First post here. I just got my Storm, and I like it a lot. The problem is, I am showing 2 messages that I can not find (I checked voicemail), showed as 2 plus the standard yellow envelope. In addition, at the top center is 8 with a blue box with what looks like a white cross in it. The blue box also has what looks like a red/white asterisk in the top right corner. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know where those 2 phantom messages might be? Whenever I get new emails or messages, they are added to the 2 I can't find.
    2. Does anyone know what that mysterious icon with the 8 is?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
    12-11-08 12:08 PM
    First, read the manual.

Click the BB button (BlackBerry logo) and either check SMS/MMS or Messages
    12-11-08 12:12 PM
    Hello Everyone. First post here. I just got my Storm, and I like it a lot. The problem is, I am showing 2 messages that I can not find (I checked voicemail), showed as 2 plus the standard yellow envelope. In addition, at the top center is 8 with a blue box with what looks like a white cross in it. The blue box also has what looks like a red/white asterisk in the top right corner. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know where those 2 phantom messages might be? Whenever I get new emails or messages, they are added to the 2 I can't find.
    2. Does anyone know what that mysterious icon with the 8 is?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
    Welcome and like another poster said. RTFM.

The Blue box is probably a BBM message. Or is it a TARDIS?

Things to check for with the messages: call log, saved messages, SMS
    12-11-08 12:16 PM
    This may be simplistic, but when you click on the "SMS and M..." icon and see your messages, try scrolling upwards. When I first got my phone, I was getting messages I couldn't find until I realized I just wasn't using the touch screen fully yet.
    12-11-08 12:18 PM
    Blue box with white cross is FACEBOOK notification..
    12-11-08 12:18 PM
    The blue box with the white cross sounds like the facebook icon. Check your facebook for new messages.
    12-11-08 12:19 PM
    This may be simplistic, but when you click on the "SMS and M..." icon and see your messages, try scrolling upwards. When I first got my phone, I was getting messages I couldn't find until I realized I just wasn't using the touch screen fully yet.
    Thank you, that was exactly the problem. The two messages where buried all the way back. Thank you.
    12-11-08 12:39 PM
    Blue box with white cross is FACEBOOK notification..
    That was it, thank you!
    12-11-08 12:40 PM
    The blue box with the white cross sounds like the facebook icon. Check your facebook for new messages.
    That was it, thank you!
    12-11-08 12:40 PM
    I did this too...felt so stupid when I realized I wasn't scrolling UP to the top of the list!!
    12-11-08 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD