Ok, at the risk of upsetting many, I ask the following question: Why should I move from OS5�.419, to another one?

Background � my Storm has been perfect from day 1. I uploaded only official releases, used DM for all changes, only bought legit software and not too much of it. Did frequent QuickPull�s, etc. I went to .419 recently and it only got better. I can�t complain about any thing. I watch movies on the phone, listen to radio, take pics/movies. You name it, it does it, flawlessly.

So why am I considering playing around with .451 or another �leaked� OS upgrade? I have NO reason to upgrade. A small performance enhancement is NOT work yukking up my baby. I also believe (wrong or right) that many of the problems people have are self induced � too much playing, pressing wrong keys at the wrong time, etc. I�m not saying anyone is bad, etc. I fix computers for everyone I know and I know for a fact most of their issues they cause themselves.

So why can�t I leave my BB-Storm baby alone!!!????
    02-12-10 01:17 PM
    I think it's a matter of preference. Mine has been the same as yours, no problems from day 1, only ever used one leaked OS and the rest official and never had a problem. Am still using .328 (GASP THE HORROR) without issue and with a Mac, don't have the choice to go to a higher OS5 but not too worried.
    02-12-10 01:27 PM
    i think .328 was one of the best OS for the storm 1. used it for a long time before selling it.
    02-12-10 01:33 PM
    lol no one said you have to upload OS? There's an old saying if aint broken dont fix. Unfortunately most of us here are itchy fingers and like to fix when aint broken.
    02-12-10 02:35 PM
    well right now you have no other choice except for hybrids. There is no 451 or 484 etc for the 9530
    Last edited by howarmat; 02-13-10 at 03:02 AM.
    02-12-10 04:45 PM
    the phone works great with .328. very responsive. The only major issue that it has, which every berry has is its web browser but opera takes care of that. A lot of problems people do have are user error. They don't have the patience to get used to the phone at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 02:56 AM
    .419 fixed some nagging issues that .328 should never have had, but with that said, there's still some problems in .419 that I hope to see fixed in later versions... if they will ever come out at all.

.419 still has issues with screen tearing if you set your SMS to bubbles and scroll around.

.419 still has issues with the Call Log not letting you hit Menu (and display it) on any highlighted item that's older then 30 days.

.419 still has issues with the keyboard slowing down sometimes when you flip to CAPS or NUM Lock and back. There's considerable lag and then the next time you use it, it's fine. I have been unable to find any cause or pattern to this, short of saying that the chance of having it increases once your phone hits the 1000000+ seconds of uptime.
    02-13-10 09:39 AM
    to the op: no one is forcing you to load a new os.
    02-13-10 09:54 AM
    To the OP I think a lot of us just like to "play" with our storms like you said. In fact after nuking mine a couple times I feel like I have learned a lot more about my phone. I can upgrade or downgrade really fast now without problems and can also help others! So its a learning experience and yes you can mess your phone up but I think it would be hard to do so permanently. I run Lyricidal's .464 hybrid now and the only real improvement is memory management. I guess some of us just like seeing that higher number in the about screen! Good luck!
    Last edited by Mr One 2; 02-13-10 at 12:57 PM.
    02-13-10 12:55 PM
    Still have the .323 version. Working good.
    02-13-10 01:15 PM
    .464 hybrid is better than .451
    02-13-10 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD