I see it on my friends iphone, and on the back of the storm....but i was wondering why it does not say it at the top of my screen....or if it should at all. Also, i love my storm..people really have to lighten up on it...the screw fix has made it superb. I definitely takes a little getting used to..but it's just so sexy and i have trouble putting it down.
    01-16-09 10:57 AM
    Nope, 1XEV is verizon's 3g network - it won't say 3G like AT&T does.
    01-16-09 10:59 AM
    It will show 3G when you are on a GSM network.
    01-16-09 10:59 AM
    okay i gotcha..thanks
    Go SJU!
    01-16-09 03:37 PM
    ...this brings up an interesting topic.

I have been running my Storm on T-Mobile since December and many of my co-workers did not want to invest in a non-discounted Storm because of T-Mobiles network limitations (edge, EDGE, GSM, etc...).

I modified a Storm to work with one of my executives so he could evaluate the unit while on his current T-Mobile account and told him if he wanted to take advange of the 3G speeds, he would need to jump carriers and move to Verizon. Well, long story short; he liked the phone and moved his entire family over to Verizon and wanted to show me the difference in speeds (his Storm on Verizon and my Storm on T-Mobile) and when we tested them we found that mine was running at 3G speeds. The next time I was in a T-Mobile store I asked them about it and they told me that all users in the US have the potential to run at 3G speeds since the release of the G1 phone. Most of us were under the impression the T-Mobiles network was running 3G only in beta cities but it appears to be nationwide now.

I decided to test this with a colleague who is on T-Mobile by simultaneously connecting to a non-cached site and my phone is indeed running much faster than his BB on T-Mobile. There was some debate internally here because my signal shows EDGE but I can confirm I am running the same data rates with my Storm on T-Mobile has Storm users on Verizon. Very cool for those who dont want to jump carriers. Now I need to test the tethering features to see if they work?

...just thought I would share my experience.
    Last edited by lvumlow; 01-16-09 at 03:53 PM.
    01-16-09 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD