I'm sorry to make another one of these but my first thirty days are almost up. Should I return the storm and get the tour (only $30 more)? I text, email and use the calendar in moderation. I like the larger screen but I don't like typing on it.
    08-31-09 12:46 PM
    Sounds like it. That's a personal desicion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 12:59 PM
    Personal choice. If you don't like the touchscreen for the keyboard then don't keep it.
    08-31-09 01:01 PM
    You will get a differnt answer from every person on here. I would think that after having the storm for 30 days, you could make an educated decision as to weather you want to keep it or not. It mostly comes down to a matter of having touch screen or not. I'm so used to the touch screen after having it since last Nov, that I have issues typing on my 8330 for work. I find myself clicking the screen on the Curve.
    08-31-09 02:15 PM
    My answer: Yes.
    08-31-09 02:18 PM
    Storm has a definite learning curve, and some people can't quite get use to it. But don't assume that the Tour is a superior phone, I've heard plenty of negatives about the Tour.

I started out on Blackberry with the Storm and for me going to a QWERTY keyboard like my wife's Curve would be difficult. My understanding that the Tour is basically an updated Curve and if that's the case I sure wouldn't want one.
    08-31-09 02:28 PM
    My answers would have been "YES" regardless of whether or not you prefer a physical keyboard over a virtual one.

Now, with a stable OS (.148 for VZW) my Storm works very well. I think now it is a personal choice. My fiancee has a Tour and can't stand my storm. I love my Storm and wouldn't settle for a smaller screen and a scroll wheel.

Now ask me if you should get rid of your Storm when the Storm 2 officially comes out... I will most definitely have a different answer
    Last edited by mewalke; 08-31-09 at 02:48 PM.
    08-31-09 02:46 PM
    Yes, go to a half-Storm sized screen and a mechanical keyboard with as big a training curve as the Storm (the two phones are identical in size and the keyboard on the Tour is always in portrait) if it will keep you from whining about how crappy your phone is (in this forum at least).
    08-31-09 02:58 PM
    I did really like the storm, it just wasn't for me.
    08-31-09 06:27 PM
    It really depends Detze001.

If you are willing to upgrade your storm, which you may, it really turns into a whole new animal.

For me, I like my phone for a "Media Center" in my pocket so the Screen is Key.

In addition, if you are like me, I got big fingers and typing on a physical keyboard is very hard (I am usually typing on the suretype keyboard on the storm)
    09-01-09 06:18 AM
    Its a personal choice buddy. You can't go wrong with the Tour.
    09-01-09 06:22 AM
    I was intrigued by the tour as well but now can't live without the vertical SureType keyboard

The keys are just so large making for incredibly speedy typing. Although accuracy can be lacking at times.
    09-01-09 07:09 AM
    yes yes and yes.... save your money to the storm 2 in about 2-3 months.
    09-01-09 07:58 AM
    Really up to you, if you want a key board then get the tour.
    09-01-09 08:43 AM
    The standard BB is a portrait keyboard. My thumbs are too large for portrait keyboards.
    Yeah, I want a physical keyboard but there isn't a BB with a landscape physical keyboard.

Besides, Once you get a big screen, you can't go back.

Has anyjuan here ever gotten a smaller TV?
    09-01-09 10:10 AM
    Return your phone, wait for the Storm II. In the mean time get a free pay as you go phone for a month or two.
    09-01-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD