i have the .75 official version on my phone and everything seems to working perfect except the camera.

it is a little slow like everyone else says but works well. only thing is --
    a white screen shows up right before the picture you take is viewed. this only lasts a second though.

is it really worth upgrading?? i'm worried i'll mess up my phone more for i upgrade. I feel the one little problem it has isn't that big of a deal.

also, i bought my phone on e-bay so there's no chance of getting a new phone from verizon if i really mess up my phone.
    04-05-09 12:17 AM
    I got my Storm in December and used .75 until late last week. I finally took the plunge and installed .113 and wow... if you think you are capable and a little daring enough to do it, I highly suggest it. It is SO much faster and more responsive. It feels like it should have when it first came out, keep in mind though it is a beta, so there are a few tiny glitches but overall it's great and tides me over until the official release. Just my opinion, good luck, and the key word is "backup"!
    04-05-09 12:24 AM
    ^^^well said^^^ and remember back up is the key

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 02:01 AM
    Just read the instructions. It is not hard at all to do.

04-05-09 02:14 AM
    ok i'll do it. lol now my camera is acting up. just when i said it was fine for the most part.
    04-05-09 03:06 AM
    I. Can't honestly believe people are. StiLl on 75.....even if u brick ur phone there are processes to fix it......

04-05-09 04:20 AM
    It is pretty easy to do, and you probably wont brick your phone.

Just remember let the phone alone until DM says it is complete!!!

Don't touch it, don't look at it, don't think about it, leave it alone!!!
    ^^^--Best Advise Ever--^^
    04-05-09 04:23 AM
    Just make sure to do the backups and if you do nuke your os you can reload it and then restore yout backups.

04-05-09 04:28 AM
    Here is what you need:

Backup 3rd-party apps
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    Go down to see the instructions for DM 4.7

Install Leak
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

Follow every step
    04-05-09 04:37 AM
    The only problem with the OS installation instructions is they are vague. Ex- twice it mentions d/l'ing the "desired OS". To where though? Your phone or computer? And one line ends with "and then it should"......? It should WHAT?

Anyway, I am setting a deadline of about 2 months. If no official OS has been released I will attempt an upgrade to whatever leaked OS is stable at the time.

04-05-09 06:56 AM
    Trust me once you do the upgrade you'll just think to yourself. Wow... That was so easy I can't believe I didn't do this before... haha...
    04-05-09 08:12 AM
    Trust me once you do the upgrade you'll just think to yourself. Wow... That was so easy I can't believe I didn't do this before... haha...
    My feeling exactly.

You will not regret moving to .113.

First advice, let the upgrade be done completely. If you're scared leave it plugged for an hour (the upgrade takes about 30 min).

Try .113 for a couple of days, you will not be disappointed.

Back up, back up Back up, back up Back up, back up Back up, back up.
    04-05-09 09:05 AM
    No one except those using their BB's for business should ever be nervous about upgrading the OS. It is only a phone...it's not like giving yourself surgery. As everyone said, back up your device. I can't imagine any situation that is so severe that it could not be undone. I look upon each new OS, beta or otherwise, as an opportunity to experience something new on my BB.
    04-05-09 09:09 AM
    Does the phone seem a little slow when snapping a pic? mines does. A lot slower than my pearl.
    04-05-09 11:25 AM
    i have the .75 official version on my phone and everything seems to working perfect except the camera.

it is a little slow like everyone else says but works well. only thing is --
    a white screen shows up right before the picture you take is viewed. this only lasts a second though.

is it really worth upgrading?? i'm worried i'll mess up my phone more for i upgrade. I feel the one little problem it has isn't that big of a deal.

also, i bought my phone on e-bay so there's no chance of getting a new phone from verizon if i really mess up my phone.
    My feeling all along has been if you have read through the CB Forums, understand what you have read, and still have to ask someone if you should do, then you are not ready. Confidence is one of the keys to successful updates because if something does go wrong, you are less likey to panic.
    04-05-09 12:47 PM
    I would recommend upgrading to a beta only if you already have a fundamental understanding of modifying folders and installation procedures.
    I know it seems simple to most of us, but a lot of people have never done anything beyond browsing the web on their computers and for them the instructions can be overwhelming not to mention knowing what steps to take if something should go wrong.
    04-05-09 01:20 PM
    It is a lot easier then you think. Simply plug in to the computer after you have downloaded and installed .113 on the computer. then open the desktop manager and BACK UP!!! Once you back up just upgrade to .113 it is simple the DM walks you through it and when you are done, completely done, dial *228 to reactivate the phone and there you go.
    04-05-09 01:20 PM
    Anyway, I am setting a deadline of about 2 months. If no official OS has been released I will attempt an upgrade to whatever leaked OS is stable at the time.
    WOW when I got my Storm I gave myself a deadline of 2 days after I saw how bad .75 was. I was traveling and it bothered me so much I upgraded in a hotel room connected to my work laptop.

Just keep in mind the term "brick your phone" is misleading, you cannot actually damage the phone. All you can do if you screw up the process is damage the software which is relatively easy to fix.
    04-05-09 02:35 PM
    It is a lot easier then you think. Simply plug in to the computer after you have downloaded and installed .113 on the computer. then open the desktop manager and BACK UP!!! Once you back up just upgrade to .113 it is simple the DM walks you through it and when you are done, completely done, dial *228 to reactivate the phone and there you go.
    not really this simple...don't forget the steps of deleting the vendor file, disconnecting from the internet and not touching the phone.

Not touching the phone being the most important...and of course as everyone has suggested, back up your phone. I downloaded smrtguard....backs up the phone daily OTA whether I'm near it or not.

Smrtguard also allows you to remotely track your phone, have your phone silently call you so you can leave it somewhere and use it as a listening device (only when legal of course) and remotely nuke the phone if you for some odd reason wanted to...i.e. it is stolen.
    04-05-09 04:40 PM
    im a mac guy and I was surprised at how easy it was to do.
    the upgrade wizard takes care of the whole process.
    .113 now for five days, no issues, no crashing, runs good!
    04-05-09 04:43 PM
    If you are scared to update, then maybe you shouldn't.

It's not that hard, even if you brick your phone there are instructions on how to reload an os to it. Just find the thread for step by step instructions. The one major thing you will need to do is after you download, make sure you turn your internet off when you load desktop mgr. Otherwise it won't recognize the beta version.
    04-05-09 07:13 PM
    thank you for all your advice.

I think I will wait until the official update comes out. I think i'd be paranoid all the time if I use the unofficial one.
    04-07-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD