Okay, long story short, I got my contract with Alltel cancelled and am now looking for an alternate provider. I contemplated getting a non smart phone with a data plan, but have realized that is just not gonna happen. Verizon has given me the best quote for comparable service to what I have now. My question though is whether or not I should steer clear of the Storm? Now, I need to sign a contract, as I overpay by about 150 bucks every month I stay with Alltel. Yeah, I know, sucks. So I do not have the luxury of waiting for the Storm II, or the pre to make their way to Verizon. Soooo, that being said, any suggestions? Thanks for any help you give me.

O.
    08-15-09 10:24 AM
    If you like touch screen, then get a Storm, if you like a physical keyboard, then get the Tour. Really up to your own preferences, but I prefer the Storm any day.
    08-15-09 10:30 AM
    I really enjoy the Storm I got it after owning a Pearl 8130.

Just make sure to give it some time, at first I hated it I was going to take it back but decided to give it a week and it grew on me. I messed around with a Tour it just wasn't the same and I stuck with the Storm
    08-15-09 10:35 AM
    Play with both the storm and the tour, they are the same phone hardware-wise. you have 30 days to return it with Verizon.
    08-15-09 11:01 AM
    The Storm is fine now, with 151 software (or 148) and with quality control issues resolved. However if you prefer the physical keyboard a Curve or Tour is also a good option.
    08-15-09 11:06 AM
    I have a Storm 9530 and haven't had a BB before only Motorola forever but I am extremely happy... have upgraded my OS and no probs. At first I considered taking it back because couldn't get the hang of the touchscreen but now I am happy.
    08-15-09 11:44 AM
    Thanks for the input. I like the thought of having the screen of the storm for videos & youtube. Don't mind the not having the physical KB. Thanks again for the info. Anyone else?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 12:16 PM
    I know several people that love the Storm and I am in no way "Storm bashing" here. I like the keyboard on my Curve and when it is time to extend my contract I'm going with a Tour because of the keyboard.
    08-15-09 12:26 PM
    I know several people that love the Storm and I am in no way "Storm bashing" here. I like the keyboard on my Curve and when it is time to extend my contract I'm going with a Tour because of the keyboard.
    That's cool, and you said it in a good way. Maybe because I started out with Storm I prefer that to the keyboard. It seems to me that the keyboard is harder to type on then Storms. YMMV.
    08-15-09 12:37 PM
    You have the Curve so you pretty much know what you're getting with the tour from the way it's going to operate. I upgraded yesterday from the Curve and went with the Storm because it is different and if it's not for me 30 days to fall back to the tour. This is different, even from other touch screen stuff, and one of those things you really have to try in a realistic way.
    08-15-09 04:26 PM
    Try to wait for the blackberry storm 2 its gonna be a great phone but if you must get the Storm 1 i love this phone. but i think storm 2 its gonna be better. But defenatly get the storm
    08-15-09 04:55 PM
    Thr storm is great. I find the tours keypad is too small for me. I make less errors in the SureType vertical keypad of the storm
    08-15-09 05:59 PM
    I had some opportunities to play with the Bold and 8900 on At+t and I liked them noth very much. My wife had a curve from Verizon and I started using and found myself really enjoying it. I recently got a great deal at Best Buy on the Storm and couldnt resist and I am loving it. The screen size is awesome, is very easy to use and navigate, and I have no problems with the touch screen what so ever. I got my storm for 50 bucks and just didnt see anything the Storm II was gonna offer that made it worth waiting or the extra money it would have cost.
    08-15-09 08:25 PM
    Wait for the storm 2

08-15-09 08:31 PM
    Wasn't down for the whole touch screen thing until I starting playing around with my women's Storm. Needless to say I have a storm now. I had a Javelin prior.
    08-15-09 08:39 PM
    I really enjoy the Storm I got it after owning a Pearl 8130.

Just make sure to give it some time, at first I hated it I was going to take it back but decided to give it a week and it grew on me. I messed around with a Tour it just wasn't the same and I stuck with the Storm
    I went through this same exact process as above, but this website can help you maximize its capability as of now. Now, I love it, and cannot wait for the storm 2 is out. I was in best b uy today, playing with an iphone and trying to press down on the screen and feel the click. It wasn't the same.
    08-15-09 08:45 PM
    I got the storm a few weeks ago and at first it was a little slow and the screen didnt work great but once I upgraded to .151 and used the torx screw fix for my screen its perfect. I don't think the storm 2 is going to be that much of an upgrade over the storm 1 and if its anything like when the storm first came out i wouldn't bother
    08-15-09 10:42 PM
    I like having an actual keyboard to type with, I'm just not a huge fan of touchscreens at all. It's all just personal preference really.
    08-15-09 11:03 PM
    Thanks for the input. I like the thought of having the screen of the storm for videos & youtube. Don't mind the not having the physical KB. Thanks again for the info. Anyone else?

It should be easy to get used to the surepress keyboard of the storm now because of decreased typing lag and increased accuracy. [i don't know if accuracy was improved, but typing sure is a h*ll of a lot easier]
    08-15-09 11:15 PM

As several have mentioned, if you plan to get a Storm play around with it. The rep told me to give it a week. He was spot on. Since the OS has been updated, I'm starting to see what the Storm can truly be. I like what I see.

Bird
    08-16-09 12:20 AM
    Man, had my mind made up until I watched the vid for the Storm 2 on the Crackberry front page. Whoa. So NOW the plan I am considering is get an 8703e on ebay, and see if I can start my plan with that and save my 1st upgrade phone for when the Storm 2 comes out. Anyone think that makes sense?

08-16-09 12:23 PM
    Definitivly a yes for me.

08-16-09 12:27 PM

The storm screen is very nice for movies,if you have your movies/videos set right,they are very crisp and clear.Having The 8gig SD card is a plus,i have around 36 full length movies on my phone.As for the touch screen.it take a lil getting used to,but it very accurate and responsive.Like someone else said in this post i believe,cant type quite as fast as i could with the curve but hey there is always text to talk if you in that much of a hurry.All in all,i would pick the storm over the curve.
    08-17-09 11:01 AM
    Man, had my mind made up until I watched the vid for the Storm 2 on the Crackberry front page. Whoa.
    I feel the same way. Earlier in this thread I posted that I would go with the Tour because I like the QWERTY keyboard. But after watching the video on the Storm 2 and seeing the improvements made in the hardware, I am now going to take a long look at it when I upgrade. From everything I've seen, it seems to be the ultimate in phones.
    08-24-09 01:57 AM
    Get a used curve or pearl and use it until the Storm 2 comes out. Simple as that

08-24-09 02:43 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD