I am unsure if i should get a replacement for my storm, mainly because i don't want the replacement to have more problems then the unit i have. At the moment i have the video camera bug where it won't save the recording or when it does play the recording saying it is of an unsupported format. I have read that this is a bug that will eventually be taken care of (Hopefully). I also just noticed this bug and it is really urking me. Anytime i got the the bb menu and go to the options and save, even if nothing is changed, i can no long bring up the options menu once again without a battery pull. This bug if it is a bug is really annoying and frustrating and is the reason why i'm considering a replacement. i am running .75 from the moment i recieved my phone and have never upgraded to another os. these are bugs that i have encountered which have no fix in sight and that can not just be brushed off by me like other bugs are the only i have come across and i don't want to get a replacement that has many more problems than the one i already have. don't want to be one that gets 3,4,5 or more replacements and my 30 days of worry free garuntee are coming to an end.
    12-30-08 09:19 AM
    the first 30 day end is on the 15th of January. It was extended for xmas.

Both of your issues are known bugs for .83. I think I remember answering your thread last night about this and that you are running .85 and have these issues.

Regardless, get a new replacement. If you dont like that one, return it and ask for another one. The theory is that you will eventually get one that suits you.
    12-30-08 09:27 AM
    Mine doesn't, to my knowledge, have the video camera bug, but I do have the options bug.

I know this isn't much better, but instead of actually having to physically pull your battery (which I find annoying because I have a case around mine), you can just get this handly little application. (QuickPull)*
    It simulates a battery pull via the software. It does have to shut down, and reload all the applications and stuff just like if you were to actually pull the battery, but at least this way you don't have to physically pull the battery if you have it in a case. (Or if you're driving!)

*It won't let me post a link, because I don't have ten posts, so...

xxxx://store.berryreview.com/download.asp?id=22989

Just replace the xxxx with http
    12-30-08 09:31 AM
    Get yourself a replacement. I had the same fear and went for it anyway a few days ago. My new one is leaps and bounds better!
    12-30-08 09:35 AM
    Mine doesn't, to my knowledge, have the video camera bug, but I do have the options bug.

I know this isn't much better, but instead of actually having to physically pull your battery (which I find annoying because I have a case around mine), you can just get this handly little application. (QuickPull)*
    It simulates a battery pull via the software. It does have to shut down, and reload all the applications and stuff just like if you were to actually pull the battery, but at least this way you don't have to physically pull the battery if you have it in a case. (Or if you're driving!)

*It won't let me post a link, because I don't have ten posts, so...

xxxx://store.berryreview.com/download.asp?id=22989

Just replace the xxxx with http
    YES quick pull is the way to go, just remember once installed press menu and disable compability mode, works great, no more me fighting with the back door that everyone seems to think is so easy to get off, oh sorry, (shutting mouth now)
    12-30-08 09:35 AM
    yes you have been giving me many answers lol, thank you. i really like the phone but dont think i can go through return after return after return if it gets to that. at some point i will snap and just throw out the window.
    12-30-08 09:37 AM
    thanks for that app i will download it right now and use it till i recieve my new phone. i try it out hope for the best and see how it goes.
    12-30-08 09:40 AM
    yes you have been giving me many answers lol, thank you. i really like the phone but dont think i can go through return after return after return if it gets to that. at some point i will snap and just throw out the window.
    Dont sweat it. The new phones that are shipping are a better build than those made in the first batch. Cant guarantee a problem free phone but you should get one that is more recently made than the one you bought.

The returns are a pain but I rather get a good phone for my money than settle for one that I have to wait till an update to get working!
    12-30-08 09:41 AM
    exactly how would a replacement work? since i'm in the 30 day window, can i just go to my local vzw store and get a brand new phone or will i have to deal with customer service and wait for a replacement to be shipped?
    12-30-08 09:44 AM
    Well, I dropped my phone and then the bottom left hand corner of my screen was a lot tougher to click. And I was still in the 30 day window, so I cried manufacturing defects, and the employee said that they were doing new-for-new within the 30 day window. They had some in stock, so right there and then they gave me a new one.

It all depends on whether or not they have the phone in stock. You just have to check. If they don't have it in stock at their store, you have to get it shipped to you.
    12-30-08 09:57 AM
    thanks ill call the local stores to see which one has it availible.
    12-30-08 10:06 AM
    so i get my replacement yesterday and 30 minutes after, i have the same problems with the new replacement phone the only difference is the screen doesnt feel as sturdy as my last storm and it started to have problems imediately not after a few weeks. so ill give it a try once again and hopefully third times a charm.
    12-31-08 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD