I'm waiting for the Storm to come out--which is this month likely, but here's my wondering... should I pick up a Pearl on ebay for $150, sell my Dare before Storm comes out so I can get a better price (because I think a lot of Dares will go on sale when the Storm comes out) and then just sell the Pearl after I have my Storm?

Thoughts? I have to pay full price because I'm nowhere near my new-every-two.
    11-05-08 11:03 AM
    I would say that's a good idea as long as u have the extra cash around. If u had a ghetto phone lying around like an old flip I would use that in the interim. I've done that before while waitin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 11:14 AM
    I was thinking about doing the same thing, but I would have bought my Curve from VZ for retail and then just switched, but since there is no set release I'm not taking any chances.
    11-05-08 11:19 AM
    i renewed and got my Curve about 2 months ago b/c i didn't realize the release date was so close!! grrr!!

Looks like the Curve will be going up for sale soon!
    11-05-08 11:22 AM
    What do you mean "then just switched?" I assume I can't get a curve then bring it in next month and exchange it for a storm.
    11-05-08 11:22 AM
    What do you mean "then just switched?" I assume I can't get a curve then bring it in next month and exchange it for a storm.
    When you buy a phone from Verizon, you have 30 days to return it for your money back, or a trade in. They will be charging like a $25 dollar restock fee soon though.
    11-05-08 11:27 AM
    Interesting!

My boss just told me they'll be bringing in Bold and Storm to test tho, and she really wants the Storm, so I think I'll hold off spending the money, and sell the Dare and get a cheap Pearl until that happens.
    11-05-08 11:37 AM
    honestly I would NOT do this. only because why pay for a phone then hope you sell it. unless you just have extra cash and it doesn't matter then fine. but what is a couple weeks really? can't you just wait? or get a curve on contract and hope the storm comes before 30 days if it does you can do a refund. good luck in what you decide. Also you could do like the pp said and just get a cheap flip for about 25 off craigslist and sale your Dare then you will have the money and waiting a couple weeks for the storm.
    11-05-08 07:58 PM
    Yeah, I was looking at pearls on craigslist and it IS $150 usually and so maybe I don't want to spend it. Waiting is HARD!
    11-06-08 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD