ok so i had a curve 8330 for about two months and that broke on me for no reason. the keyboard just stopped working. so i got it replaced and then traded it for a storm. now, its been doing good for the couple weeks i've had it and its an awesome phone but these bis outages have been a big problem for me. i'm thinking about going to the verizon store and complaining until they give me a droid eris. do yall think its worth it?
    03-08-10 05:21 PM
    ok so i had a curve 8330 for about two months and that broke on me for no reason. the keyboard just stopped working. so i got it replaced and then traded it for a storm. now, its been doing good for the couple weeks i've had it and its an awesome phone but these bis outages have been a big problem for me. i'm thinking about going to the verizon store and complaining until they give me a droid eris. do yall think its worth it?
    If it is a BIS outage it's not the phone itself. I doubt that they'll do much for you in that case.
    03-08-10 05:54 PM
    i was thinkin that i could make an argument about how i pay all this money every month for a phone that hardly ever works and all that jazz. maybe it wont work though. idk. i'll find out tomorrow.
    03-08-10 06:07 PM
    I would have traded for an S2 or Tour.
    03-08-10 06:49 PM
    Well I have lived for 15 or 16 months with a pathetic Storm1 that was designed with too little free app memory and has to be babied and battery pulled every day or two. I always hope RIM would fix the OS and fix the problems. Then they fixed it by making a Storm2 with double the memory and lots of app space. Well that did me a lot of good.... Still waiting for my 2 year contract to happen and hope for a Nexus One or something or maybe a better Storm3 or even the Storm2 or something.

I can not believe that RIM and Verizon left the Storm1 owners hanging like this.

If they trade you up let me know the argument you used.

I have tried in the past on 3 occasions at the store and they said well you should have returned it in the 30 day window. Well I was counting on a fix for it. They did come out with an OS upgrade in those first 3 weeks (early Dec 2008) and so I thought they would do another like in Jan of 2009 but it took Verizon until like AUgust 2009 to come out with an update that fixed the video camera and other stuff. I spent lots of money on a half working smart phone. Storm1 is interesting. I like the touch screen and on screen keyboard, hate the click sound. The main issue for me is the lack of memory and the camera sucks at flash pictures or low light pictures.
    Last edited by bbstorm4me; 03-08-10 at 07:42 PM.
    03-08-10 07:34 PM
    Try a friends droid before making a decision

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD