Im am going on vacation to a different time zone, but the last time I did this I changed my time zone, and hosed my calendar, and especially tasks that had due dates. Manually fixed many of them, then when I came back the same thing happened. (I ended up with appts spanning days, duplicates, appts with random new times.....etc, it was a mess)

Do most of you just leave your time zone alone when traveling? the clock would be wrong, but at lease reminders and appts would still be correct.

Is there a way to change the clock time, without messing up the calendar?

Thanks
    06-02-09 02:21 PM
    I would have thought when you change the timezone, your appointments would change with it...?
    06-02-09 02:22 PM
    Errr, I'm pretty sure you don't have to do anything with ur time zone manually. The phone should automatically adjust itself...just like daylight savings time. Never heard about manually changing ur time zone...even on older phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 02:32 PM
    I would have thought when you change the timezone, your appointments would change with it...?

They did and that was part of the problem, every appt that I had pre-programmed was now off by 3 hours, plus some of them shifted to the next day, or didnt shift correctly. For example a 3:30pm appt would now be a 12:30pm appt, everything shifted by 3 hours which isnt really what I wanted.

What I would like to do, is for all appts to stay where they are, and just have the phone time change.

For example, if I have a daily alarm set for 6am, I dont necessarily want it to change to 9am. I had to go into calendar and manually shift everthing, every appt, because of the time zone change.

Maybe this is how its supposed to work, maybe people want all appts shifted when they enter a new time zone, but it was a hassle for me.
    06-02-09 02:32 PM
    Errr, I'm pretty sure you don't have to do anything with ur time zone manually. The phone should automatically adjust itself...just like daylight savings time. Never heard about manually changing ur time zone...even on older phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It does not automatically adjust across Time Zones.

Read this explanation by JeffH:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-zones-46190/
    06-02-09 02:36 PM
    They did and that was part of the problem, every appt that I had pre-programmed was now off by 3 hours, plus some of them shifted to the next day, or didnt shift correctly. For example a 3:30pm appt would now be a 12:30pm appt, everything shifted by 3 hours which isnt really what I wanted.

What I would like to do, is for all appts to stay where they are, and just have the phone time change.

For example, if I have a daily alarm set for 6am, I dont necessarily want it to change to 9am. I had to go into calendar and manually shift everthing, every appt, because of the time zone change.

Maybe this is how its supposed to work, maybe people want all appts shifted when they enter a new time zone, but it was a hassle for me.
    Don't think it works the way you want it to. It only makes sense for your appointments to shift in a different time zone. It will cause you some confusion and hassles but thats how it works I believe

And your device will NOT change timezones automatically
    06-02-09 02:41 PM
    They weren't off by three hours though, they were showing you the time of your appointment in local time. Maybe not ideal for your particular situation, but for things like your alarm, they expect you to use the clock for that, not the calendar
    06-02-09 02:51 PM
    I may have found an acceptable solution - dont change your time zone when traveling, just go into options/time, use blackberry as the source, change the time on the phone to the new local time, and everything seems to work. Your appts are just as you entered them, and the Storm has a new local time set. Change it back manually when you return.

Any problems with this idea?
    Last edited by wmscottmc; 06-02-09 at 03:14 PM.
    06-02-09 03:02 PM
    06-02-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD