Stopped at my local VZW shop and got to play with a Storm. Software was .61

I really dont have much to add from what other people have said. I found that I enjoyed using it, it was pretty quick in all aspects except for the camera... the camera app was slow to load and take pictures IMO.

11-16-08 01:57 PM
    Not bad. It lagged just a sec longer on the last flip back to portrait though...
    11-16-08 01:58 PM
    That looks the same if not quicker than my Ipod Touch.
    11-16-08 02:13 PM
    Wow that really is not bad at all. People were saying 2-3 seconds. Thats more like 1 second (maybe less) from the time you have it fully horizontal/vertical.
    11-16-08 02:20 PM
    That doesn't look bad at all, could totally live with that, any faster would be annoying I think, because it would need to start flipping before it is in complete horizontal mode.
    11-16-08 02:22 PM
    Good enough for me.
    11-16-08 02:36 PM
    just tried it at my local store and it looked similar--about 1 second--same as itouch.
    11-16-08 03:21 PM
    i just sold my ipod touch and it was not as smooth as a transition as the storm, it alot of times would kinda studder when flipping(but then again thats only seeing a couple of flips on the storm)....with version 2.1..I CANT WAIT!
    11-16-08 03:26 PM
    Newer SW has cut down this time.
    11-16-08 03:28 PM
    hmm looks good to me .. and if its less then a second now .. and the new OS cut down the time then .. **** ... half a second is amazing.
    11-16-08 03:31 PM
    Ahhhh...looks nice. I cannot wait to get this thing in my hands! I feel like I know how to use it already haha. I might stop in my local VZW store tomorrow hoping they will have a Storm there.
    11-16-08 08:41 PM
    Not bad. It lagged just a sec longer on the last flip back to portrait though...
    The screen gap makes it do that.
    11-16-08 08:46 PM
    better than my current phone *cough iphone *cough

edit: +1 to the poster below
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 11-16-08 at 09:00 PM.
    11-16-08 08:49 PM
    what I dont get is people always say that the iPhone is so fast... I think its because they got used to it. Ill tell you right now when your doing things on the iPhone it gets laggy all the time its just after a while you just don't notice it anymore even sometimes typing on the iPhone you get input lag from the time you click untill the letter appears on screen its not all the time but ill tell you one thing right now that video I do believe was faster then my iPhone at switching.. so im not complaining for sure
    11-16-08 08:54 PM
    what I dont get is people always say that the iPhone is so fast... I think its because they got used to it. Ill tell you right now when your doing things on the iPhone it gets laggy all the time its just after a while you just don't notice it anymore even sometimes typing on the iPhone you get input lag from the time you click untill the letter appears on screen its not all the time but ill tell you one thing right now that video I do believe was faster then my iPhone at switching.. so im not complaining for sure
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. My girlfriend owns an iPhone and she complains about how it lags too many times. This girl is an Apple lover and she's seriously considering about dropping the iPhone for a Storm once she gets to mess around with my *future* Storm. Anyways, the phone looks solid and I think we're all going to be more than pleased with the Storm's performance! Obviously, that's just me being optimistic!
    11-16-08 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD