For the last month or so, I've been having severe memory drain on my Storm. I'm running OS .114. I've attempted to troubleshoot by removing certain applications and that has not produced any results. Right after a battery pull my memory will be at around 12.8 MB. After a few hours of operating it is down to below 1 MB or sometimes even 0.0 kb. Please help.

Like I said, I'm running OS .114 on my Storm 9530. Here is a list of all of my applications:
    • Weatherbug
    • Google Maps
    • Poynt
    • WhereTM
    • iStock Manager
    • You Mail
    • Facebook
    • BB Messenger
    • Viigo
    • Google Quick Search (just a link)
    • Cincinnati Reds (just a link)
    • Score Mobile
    • Fox News (just a link)
    • AP News
    • Vlingo
    • Opera Mini
    • Bolt
    • Berry Scanner
    • Crackberry App Store
    • RIM App World
    • Pandora
    • iHeart Radio
    • Quick Pull
    • GPSed
    • FML
    • Don't Be Bored
    • BB GPS Golf
    • Google voice

Up until recently, I also had Slider and Orientation Lock (from FreeBBApps.com). Those I uninstalled and was still having the memory drain issue, so I don't think it is from those apps. Additionally, Google Voice, BB GPS Golf and Score Mobile are recent downloads and the problem happened before I had them.

I am also running the BlackberryOS Theme.

Additionally, I used to have StormSlider, which I though was causing the problem, but an uninstall did not fix it.

Please help. Maybe it's not Apps, but if so, what is it? Is anyone else experiencing this issue.
    07-16-09 05:55 AM
    First off, upgrade your OS. Currently version .151 is out and it is a beast in memory management, the best so far. You upgrade it just like you did to upgrade to .114.

Also, when you do this, do not back up your 3rd party apps, just your contacts, messages, etc. Then wipe the phone. This will ensure a clean install.

After that, install whatever apps you want, you should be fine.

I would stay away from

1) Weatherbug, known to cause memory issues on the Storm
    2) Viigo, also known to cause memory issues
    3) All the launchers, just link to them in your browser.
    4) Choose one browser, Opera or Bolt, no need to have 2 wasting space.
    5) Also make sure you have only one other theme installed aside from the PRecision Zen.

6) Read this thread and follow the instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...ed+memory+leak

First and foremost, wipe the phone and upgrade to .151, you will see a HUGE difference
    07-16-09 06:36 AM
    Thanks for the tips. The reason I have both bolt and opera mini is because I was unsure which one I liked better. The plan is to delete one of them.

Thanks again.
    07-16-09 07:32 AM
    Whats wrong with having more than one theme installed? I've got 3 - not including the stock one.
    07-16-09 07:45 AM
    Viigo is horrible for memory leaks. I just get my news from m.google.com and go to news. You'll notice a huge difference once you delete it.
    07-16-09 07:53 AM
    I wouldn't do anything until after you upgrade to .151. That OS handles memory better than any we have seen.
    07-16-09 08:13 AM
    +1 on moviemogul's advice.

@fargo some themes r memory hogs.
    07-16-09 09:55 AM
    what good free weather apps are there besides weatherbug that are good on your memory
    07-16-09 09:59 AM
    How exactly does one backup their blackberry without backing up application data?
    07-16-09 12:33 PM
    First off, upgrade your OS. Currently version .151 is out and it is a beast in memory management, the best so far. You upgrade it just like you did to upgrade to .114.
    Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but isn't .151 the latest leak which was accidentally released. I read the forum, I think, and thought it was the one where people were having Spanish problems and it wasn't installing correctly?

Regardless, I went ahead and tried to install it, but when I looked at my device after install it said I was running .113?
    07-16-09 12:43 PM
    How exactly does one backup their blackberry without backing up application data?
    Are you asking to back up just the native apps?
    07-16-09 12:44 PM
    is .151 a leak?..i have .148 currently
    07-16-09 12:44 PM
    is .151 a leak?..i have .148 currently
    no it is an officially released build for a Mexican carrier.
    07-16-09 12:47 PM
    Are you asking to back up just the native apps?
    Not sure. The first answer said to just backup contacts, messages, etc. without backing up application data.
    07-16-09 12:49 PM
    Forgive me for asking a dumb question, but isn't .151 the latest leak which was accidentally released. I read the forum, I think, and thought it was the one where people were having Spanish problems and it wasn't installing correctly?

Regardless, I went ahead and tried to install it, but when I looked at my device after install it said I was running .113?
    Sounds like a failed install:

you should see this line

v4.7.0.151 (platform 4.0.0.186)
    07-16-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD