i am having trouble setting up my gmail account using the blackberry email setup. when i put in my username and password, it says 'Unable to set up. Please try again.' Anybody else getting this too?
    11-22-08 01:04 AM
    I had no problem setting mine up. Are you using the email setup wizzard?

Setup>Email Settings>Add>Gmail

?
    11-22-08 01:07 AM
    also try putting the @gmail.com if it still doesnt work
    11-22-08 01:13 AM
    i had that problem with my curve and storm both. it was just a weird glitch. To solve it, take the battery out of your phone. Then, go on blackberry's site and set-up the email accounts from there. (you will have to register for a blackberry account on there, if you haven't already. it is quick and easy.) Then, put the battery back in the Storm, wait several minutes and the email account should appear on your home screen of the Storm.

If all that still leaves you without resolution, you can call customer service for your carrier. Verizon was AWESOME for me and had it fixed in about 10 minutes.
    11-22-08 01:16 AM
    when you first go to set it up try and not putting in the password then it will give you more options about setting up for pop3 or imap
    11-22-08 01:17 AM
    Had an issue with trying to set it up at the store, however when I came home and backed up my Curve and sent everything over to the Storm, things seemed to work fine.
    11-22-08 01:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD