how can i set two different alarms? on my LG ENV i had the option of setting 3 different alarms-can i do this with the storm?
    04-29-09 07:52 PM
    By default, you can only set one alarm. There are 3rd party applications, such as everyhour which allow you to set multiple alarms.
    04-29-09 08:04 PM
    Isn't Every Hour just for chimes once an hour?
    04-29-09 08:21 PM
    Isn't Every Hour just for chimes once an hour?
    Wasn't too familiar with it. Quick read on the website tells me that that's the main function, but I can see a workaround in the features. Quick search of allarm apps on Google picked up myalarm from BerryReview, which is a free alarm app that allows you to set multiple alarms. don't know alot about it, but the OP may want to give it a shot.
    04-29-09 08:28 PM
    Yeah there are definitely a few options, some right here in Crackberry's store if that free one doesn't work out.
    04-29-09 08:39 PM
    What i did was set the "alarm" for one.. and used the calendar for the second (however the second one has to be between 8am - 5pm during the day. It works for me with my schedule.
    04-29-09 09:51 PM
    What i did was set the "alarm" for one.. and used the calendar for the second (however the second one has to be between 8am - 5pm during the day. It works for me with my schedule.
    or you can change the start/end time for a day, mine is set to 7am-7pm
    04-29-09 09:55 PM
    The start / end times in calendar do not limit WHEN you can set events, nor does it tell the phone not to alert outside these times.
    My calendar times are set for 0800-1700, but if I set an event to happen at 1900 with a reminder 15 minutes prior, I still get an alert at 1845.

The biggest problem with using the calendar as am alarm is it won't turn your device back on (if you turn your phone off for some reason) to alert you like the basic alarm does. The calendar waits for the next time the phone is turned on to alert for past due events.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 11:25 PM
    thanks for all the ideas! I really appreciate it!
    04-30-09 08:20 PM
    try bbsmart alarm pro...it is awesome. it is $9.00, but you can transfer it to any of your future bb's. and there is a free trail. get it in the crackberry store.

very flexable and reliable.
    04-30-09 08:27 PM
    how can i set two different alarms? on my LG ENV i had the option of setting 3 different alarms-can i do this with the storm?
    By default, you can only set one alarm. There are 3rd party applications, such as everyhour which allow you to set multiple alarms.
    Not True!

Go to "Calendar" - "Options" - "New Alarm." You can set as many as you want with whatever recurrence patterns, etc. you want. The tone played is the one you set for alarm under "Clock," (where you are limited to one alarm) but you can set an infinite number of alarms in your calendar.

Gary
    04-30-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD