I have tried to search the forums on this issue and have gotten nothing on point - only stuff from Telus users which did not help. When I try to play certain videos I get an error message that says "content unavailable. server is blocked or unresponsive." I did not get this will prior OS versions but started getting it with .141. Is this a settings issue? Youtube plays fine and some others but some sites give me this error message.
    05-21-09 09:17 AM
    I get an error like that when trying to watch flash videos...obviously since flash isn't supported.
    05-21-09 09:18 AM
    Hey, another Telus user here trying to help...there aren't as many of us, but we seem to be more helpful than VZW customers...it comes naturally, we're Canadian.

CDMA carriers in general block all streaming content. Youtube is the exception, I suspect through a negotiated agreement. If you are trying to view non-flash streaming content then it is failing because VZW is blocking it.
    05-21-09 09:24 AM
    Thanks 2 cents. That would make sense except that I used to be able to watch them but now I cannot. Perhaps they have recently blocked certain streaming video?
    05-21-09 09:42 AM
    I don't know about recent blocks, I believe most have been in place since data plans launched years ago. If it is Hulu you were watching, I know Hulu itself recently changed its security to eliminate proxy servers being able to login...perhaps that is involved?
    05-21-09 09:53 AM
    Sorry to resurrect a nearly 3 yr. old thread but i did the search and this is what i got...

Anyhow, I get this same problem if i try to watch through the wifi; particularly youtube. However, if i turn off the wifi it plays just fine. I don't know why that is...any ideas?... not sure what os i have as it list 2; one says "bundle 2554" v6...576 and the other says "platform" 6.6..216

i just realized this was a Storm thread and my problem is with the bold 9700...guess i'll go create one over there.
    Last edited by omega supreme; 02-09-12 at 02:57 PM. Reason: specify phone.
    02-09-12 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD