after having the phone for what, twelve hours? your crying about how much you hate it and trying to convience others to hate it to? If you dont like the device, ... another bb phones forum. There are many here, I'm sure you will get a much better response complaining there.

Yes everyone is aware of the current versions problems, it has been addressed and will be fixed. Did you not believe the reviews for the past week? If you dont like the touchscreen or click, touch ... find a new phone. If verizon wont let you upgrade or your device hasn't shipped, get in line your not the only one...

If you think you could have managed the release much better, by all means, send verizon a resume.
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-21-08 at 11:37 PM. Reason: cleaning up
    11-21-08 09:30 PM
    I agree completely. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:43 PM
    if you cant listen to both sides of the aisle and gather up ros and cons than you are the one with a problem.

I love bberry's and hink it will be good device once they fix memory and os.
    As is today, it is way below my picky expectations and do not think it is for the power user.

In person it seems a lot cheaper in quality and I did not like the slow os or the touch screen at all.

The bold seems to be the perfect animal right now in my opinion but the att network sucks for phone quality so there is no perfect solution.
    11-21-08 09:47 PM
    Yes, well said. New BB user here. I love the storm. So it has a couple of quarks. What doesn't? I've been tinkering all day. Having a good time, too. Couple issues, but nothing that I couldn't work past. Big whoop.
    11-21-08 09:49 PM
    thank you for saying this it is SOOO true!!
    11-21-08 09:51 PM
    if you cant listen to both sides of the aisle and gather up ros and cons than you are the one with a problem.

I love bberry's and hink it will be good device once they fix memory and os.
    As is today, it is way below my picky expectations and do not think it is for the power user.

In person it seems a lot cheaper in quality and I did not like the slow os or the touch screen at all.

The bold seems to be the perfect animal right now in my opinion but the att network sucks for phone quality so there is no perfect solution.
    But don't you agree there has been a mass crucifiction of the Storm in which many have revoked their comments after playing with the phone for a while?
    11-21-08 09:52 PM
    true. people just freak out over this stuff...get a life. it is a phone, not a wife or partner or child or cancer....

I was dissapointed but maybe when the bugs are fixed, memory increased and new os i will consider it.
    11-21-08 09:57 PM
    I just spent an hour at my verizon store playing with the storm. Didn't have a single problem with it, worked great. .... I personally don't think I'll have much of a problem with the storm, except learning how to use it. It's so different compared to my dumbphone (EnV).
    Last edited by JeffH; 11-21-08 at 11:36 PM. Reason: cleaning up
    11-21-08 09:59 PM
    while what you say it true...
    it's kinda ridiculous that this was allowed to be sold like this.
    it's laggy enough to actually be dysfunctional.
    I think it's okay to show frustration, but those who are bashing it as if this was a huge surprise? yes, the need to shut it.
    11-21-08 10:01 PM

If you think you could have managed the release much better, by all means, send verizon a resume.
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH
    i can't stop laughing after readung this...i love it

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH
    good one bro
    11-21-08 10:01 PM
    Stating problems is one thing but trying to convince others to not buy it is really not needed.

Posted from my storm btw and I LOVE IT!

11-21-08 10:05 PM
    Yes So it has a couple of quarks. What doesn't?
    Whoa, desktop publishing on a SmartPhone? (grin)
    11-21-08 10:23 PM
    I love it! Coming from a treo its really fun. Someone please pm me and tell me how tp sync with outlook. I don't have any contacts...

11-21-08 10:31 PM
    Listen people.. They released the phone when they did so they could get them out before black friday. Over-the-air software updates will be available the second week of dec. The reason they have been delayed, and stores have not received many yet, is because they are re-flashing them with OS 4.7 and sending units out as they go.

People need to stop crying about buggyness with the first version of a brand new product. It won't be perfect, as many phones aren't, but it should be quite a bit better with the new updates. Be patient

11-21-08 10:32 PM
    From a pearl user on sprint I watch to see how it works becaus eventually either the storm or the bold will be offered. Or something like them, then I can make an informed decision. All the picking I can do without. The Device will get fixed there will be improvements just wait a bit. I am excited to see what comes next. I am in love with bb's.

Last edited by hooversalem9876; 11-21-08 at 10:37 PM.
    11-21-08 10:32 PM
    Great thread. I picked up my Storm this morning(first BB) and I couldn't be happier. I've been reading here and howard Forums almost all day and it's very comical to say the least.

Any issues that i've come across on my phone are things that will/can be solved through software updates. Also, it seems that people are forgetting that this is the first release, first time it's been in the masses hands. If anyone who got one expected it to be perfect is a dolt.

Buying this I accepted the possibility that there may be some functionality that isn't 100% up to snuff. However, everything I've needed to and will need to use my phone for, it works. The polishing of the UI and the software will come in time.
    11-21-08 10:37 PM
    My BB Curve works very well. It has an 8GB card installed. It is reasonably fast and I will consider a storm once the bugs are fixed. As one person said so well, it is not a spouse, girlfriend, child ect... it is a phone.. w extras.
    11-21-08 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD