I am asking this on behalf of a friend of mine, a kind generous thing if i do say so myself.

anywho, he has the storm and a few weeks back he put pocketMac on his computer and then uploaded some photos and stuff to his 8GB SD Card. at some point between uploading and recently, idk when, something happen that made some kind of error message say that there was 'corruption' or something that made it not work. So, he deleted all the files to try and rid the 'corruption'

HOWEVER, now that its all gone and deleted, he went to put just a few pictures onto the memory card, and it is telling him its full. an 8 gig card full?

ANyone seen this issue or no how to get it fixed?

thanks.
    03-04-09 11:55 PM
    I bet if he formats the card it'll fix his problems. They have format in the Mac world.... don't they?

He can format the card in the BB itself form the Memory Card Menu under Options. Have him/her try that. Good luck. That same screen will also tell you how much of it is free.
    03-04-09 11:58 PM
    ok. thanks. I let him know...he's sleeping currently because unlike me he's not a zombie... i suppose it is late on the east coast.

but still any and all other suggestions from everyone i am definitely open too
    03-05-09 12:04 AM
    ok. thanks. I let him know...he's sleeping currently because unlike me he's not a zombie... i suppose it is late on the east coast.

but still any and all other suggestions from everyone i am definitely open too
    (S)he shouldn't need any other suggestions since the fist reply will do the trick less expensively (free) than the alternative. That would be replace the card/phone. Reformatting is such a beautiful thing...
    03-05-09 01:08 AM
    Much easier to just enable mass storage mode and open the Blackberry Drive that appears on his desktop for image trasnferring
    03-05-09 01:27 AM
    If the Reformat dosent Work he may have corrupted the entire Memory Card. If he for example took the card out while Writing/Reading Files he could have ruined the entire card..

Good Luck
    03-08-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD