Hey all..

I had made a post regarding this earlier but it seems to have died off w/ the flurry of posts that come thru but hear this- upon battery pulls, hard or QP I notice my music files disappearing. This is REALLY disturbing as now I have to do an additional pull to ensure my files are loaded up for use. I've noticed this. Has been occurring since my latest addition the Viigo update. I'll try a reinstall and also an update to QP and report back but any insight would be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 06:41 AM
    Try removing Viigo for a day and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you've found the cause. I don't use Viigo, so I can't help you debug it.
    05-10-09 07:26 AM
    I'll attempt it.. I'm starting to think its the culprit so I'll find out soon enough

05-10-09 10:35 AM
    Mann.. This is really bugging me out. Anybody experiencing anything remotely similar? After battery pull/QP missing audio files or not all video files are present? Also noticed after hooking up via USB and dragging and dropping files.. A few tend to be missing. It takes a battery pull/QP or two to regain my files....

05-10-09 07:10 PM
    Mann.. This is really bugging me out. Anybody experiencing anything remotely similar? After battery pull/QP missing audio files or not all video files are present? Also noticed after hooking up via USB and dragging and dropping files.. A few tend to be missing. It takes a battery pull/QP or two to regain my files....

Make sure you are unplugged from the computer when you check your stuff. Also allow for a complete reboot - does it say at the end of the reboot "memory card inserted"??
    05-10-09 07:12 PM
    When you have the phone plugged in, before you drag and drop files, go into the folder you are dragging them to and delete the BBThumbs.dat file. Then drag and drop new media. When you unplug the phone, the media card automatically rescans, creates a new BBThumbs.dat file, and you should be able to see all of your media in the respective lists.
    05-10-09 07:13 PM
    What does the bbthumbs.dat file do? I just noticed that as well. Would it be in both music and video folders? Thanks in advance.

05-10-09 07:15 PM
    And yes it does say "media card inserted". Thanks.

05-10-09 07:16 PM
    The BBThumbs.dat file is a file that the phone creates to index the media files so the phone can "find" them faster. It has been found that the media card has issues with indexing, and so deleting this file before adding new media forces the phone to create a new indexing file. It is a bug, and deleting that file is the work around.
    05-10-09 07:20 PM
    The BBThumbs.dat file is a file that the phone creates to index the media files so the phone can "find" them faster. It has been found that the media card has issues with indexing, and so deleting this file before adding new media forces the phone to create a new indexing file. It is a bug, and deleting that file is the work around.
    Just as he said.

Open your media card while plugged in, view hidden files, and delete the BBThumbs file in the music folder.
    Unplug, and when you attempt to access it, it will scan your music files.
    05-10-09 07:24 PM
    Thank you both. I did as you had indicated and my files are now in place. I'll def keep that in mind upon adding future files. Thanks for spreading the knowledge. I can breathe easy now

05-10-09 07:29 PM
    Glad we could help!
    05-10-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD