I really really need some help here. I was updated to the hybrid OS with no luck. After, I realized that my browswer was missing. I registered thru Host Routing Table, did battery pull, and called Verizon tech with NO luck. The guy said he would call RIM and see what's going on and call me back. He didn't, but no surprise there.

Right now, I can't get into email setup to try and resend the service books either. I'm stuck without the map, emails, and browser. Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm really losing my mind here trying to fix this. Its going on 4 hours now!
    I would GREATLY appreciate any help.
    06-21-09 10:38 PM
    there is a report that the servers are under maintenance until 0600.
    06-21-09 10:42 PM
    ok follow these steps (ya i kno u did the hrt, but still follow)

options > advanced options > host routing tables > bbmenu > register now > *wait a minute or two (if not couple seconds)* > if no show > battery pull

* = important step

then

email settings > login if user/pass is available > bbmenu > service books > send service books > *wait a minute or two (if not couple seconds) > if no show > battery pull

then

battery pull > wait 30 seconds to 1 minute > put battery back

edit: or u can follow wat howarmat said and just wait
    06-21-09 10:43 PM
    ok follow these steps (ya i kno u did the hrt, but still follow)

options > advanced options > host routing tables > bbmenu > register now > *wait a minute or two (if not couple seconds)* > if no show > battery pull

* = important step

then

email settings > login if user/pass is available > bbmenu > service books > send service books > *wait a minute or two (if not couple seconds) > if no show > battery pull

then

battery pull > wait 30 seconds to 1 minute > put battery back

edit: or u can follow wat howarmat said and just wait
    As I said, I am not able to get into the email settings. It keeps giving me an error and saying to retry or cancel.
    And as for the service being down, what exactly is that referring to? Data, emails, etc... I can make and recieve calls as well as texts, if any of that matters.

Also, when I hold down the Menu key I see the Browser there. When I try to open it I get this message: Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider.
    Last edited by lpstreetsoldierm; 06-21-09 at 10:49 PM.
    06-21-09 10:46 PM
    As I said, I am not able to get into the email settings. It keeps giving me an error and saying to retry or cancel.
    And as for the service being down, what exactly is that referring to? Data, emails, etc... I can make and recieve calls as well as texts, if any of that matters.
    service down typically means slow browsing, emails not being received (not able to access email settings), etc

(neone correct me if im wrong plz)
    06-21-09 10:50 PM
    there is a report that the servers are under maintenance until 0600.
    Thanks!!! I was freaking out
    06-21-09 10:54 PM
    service down typically means slow browsing, emails not being received (not able to access email settings), etc

(neone correct me if im wrong plz)
    correct, like stated there is an outage, all your problems are coming from that i believe.
    06-21-09 10:55 PM
    correct, like stated there is an outage, all your problems are coming from that i believe.
    Then why did the Verizon Tech not know this? (Not doubting your word)
    He went ahead and sent the service books and the email activation message came in but still no browser.

Are you familiar with the Hyrbid installation? I'm almost sure it was the reason the browser went away. I might have selected something wrong when trying to shrink the OS. Not sure.
    06-21-09 10:58 PM
    He went ahead and sent the service books and the email activation message came in but still no browser.

Are you familiar with the Hyrbid installation? I'm almost sure it was the reason the browser went away. I might have selected something wrong when trying to shrink the OS. Not sure.
    I was on the phone with them for an hour. They got my email service books back but they couldnt get the browser. The guy I got I was transfered to after the first tech couldnt help. He found the outage and told me it will be back at 6am
    06-21-09 11:02 PM
    I was on the phone with them for an hour. They got my email service books back but they couldnt get the browser. The guy I got I was transfered to after the first tech couldnt help. He found the outage and told me it will be back at 6am
    So I take it you are having the same exact issue as me?
    06-21-09 11:07 PM

no, losing the browser during any OS install is normal....you always have to register using the routing table to get the browser back. It normally occurs right when the radio is activated so the user doesnt have to do anything though.
    06-21-09 11:08 PM
    So I take it you are having the same exact issue as me?
    Yeah sounds like it. I went through the usuall steps to get it back and then did again with the first tech I talked to. Then with the second tech I went through some steps I haven't seen on here before ##000000 send etc etc and after an hour the guy checked for outages and bingo that was the problem.
    06-21-09 11:12 PM
    Yea im having the same problem here too...good to know that there is an outage and that the reason i have no browser icon. this doesn't mean that sms and mms wont work either?
    06-21-09 11:26 PM
    heres another one for you. just did a hybrid install on my curve 8330 also vzw. missing my browser and email settings icons. been going nuts for the past 2 hours, must have sent service books 30 times till i saw this thread. thought i messed up the upgrade, hopefully just the outage. anybody know how long this usually takes to clear up? its driving me crazyyy

and heres something weird i just found, i have opera mini installed and the internet works on there. hows that possible? all my other apps say i don't have data..... but opera works
    06-21-09 11:39 PM
    Yea im having the same problem here too...good to know that there is an outage and that the reason i have no browser icon. this doesn't mean that sms and mms wont work either?
    I am able to send and receive texts with no problem.
    I guess I'm feeling a little better about not being the only person to be missing the browser and can't get it back.
    I also did the ##000000 and put in "vzw" in a certain spot.
    So as far as servers being down, I hope it also lets me get my emails and connect to the email server.
    06-21-09 11:40 PM
    ya sms/mms and emails are working for me, as is BBM. just cant use my browser, bb maps, bb app world, or any other apps that use data other than opera mini
    06-21-09 11:42 PM
    heres another one for you. just did a hybrid install on my curve 8330 also vzw. missing my browser and email settings icons. been going nuts for the past 2 hours, must have sent service books 30 times till i saw this thread. thought i messed up the upgrade, hopefully just the outage. anybody know how long this usually takes to clear up? its driving me crazyyy

and heres something weird i just found, i have opera mini installed and the internet works on there. hows that possible? all my other apps say i don't have data..... but opera works
    Been going crazy here since 9pm trying to fix the issue and get my stuff back
    Hopefully this is all sorted out in the morning due to the servers being down. If that's not it, then I'm completely screwed as of now.
    06-21-09 11:42 PM
    no, losing the browser during any OS install is normal....you always have to register using the routing table to get the browser back. It normally occurs right when the radio is activated so the user doesnt have to do anything though.
    Are you familiar with installing the hybrid? If so, would you mind helping me out so I can get it installed and running correctly? I'd really appreciate it.
    06-21-09 11:46 PM
    Been going crazy here since 9pm trying to fix the issue and get my stuff back
    Hopefully this is all sorted out in the morning due to the servers being down. If that's not it, then I'm completely screwed as of now.
    haha, im in the same boat man. its my first time doing an os update. looked easy enough and everything else working perfectly. i hope this works out by tomorrow morning
    06-21-09 11:58 PM
    Geez, about 3 hours ago I just got around to wiping my phone to install the updated OOAK hybrid 8 files and I ran into this exact same problem! I have spent the last 2 hours re-wiping/installing the OS and searching every thread out there to figure this out.

I'm pretty smart when it comes to my phone and I know what to do to get my browser back....so I didn't want to post the 357th post of "what happened to my browser", but I didn't know what to do and was starting to freak out.

Thank god I ran across this one!! Now I know it wasn't operator error, at least I'm pretty sure it wasn't

10:26 p.m. - Browser just returned....Woo-Hoo!!
    Last edited by zdsa1021; 06-22-09 at 12:26 AM.
    06-22-09 12:00 AM
    1:41 AM eastern. just happened to check my phone, got my browser and emails back. all working fine!
    06-22-09 12:41 AM
    ok i had the same problem and nothing was bringing the browser back, i tried everything... so i just got off the phone with verizon and they said they were having issues with the browser etc and the icon should be back tomorrow morning. we shall see! this blackberry stuff is crap!!!!! its been nothing but issues!
    06-22-09 12:44 AM
    I haven't had any problem with browser, email, etc. Has been working fine all night.
    06-22-09 12:58 AM
    Got the same issue and after 2 hours and a tech callback I got the outage message. Guess we have to wait and see what happens after 0600. Keep the faith bbers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 05:58 PM
    Everything has been fixed as of 5am this morning
    06-22-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD