When I look at the 'Sent SMS' folder, some are marked with just a check mark, others are marked with a check-mark and a small D. Does anyone know what the differences are? Does that mean those without a D were not delivered?
    11-27-08 08:06 PM
    The ones with a check may mean its a verizon customer? I know thats how it was on some of my older phones, and the D maybe for other carriers being delivered. Wait for a second opinion though.
    11-27-08 08:08 PM
    On mine it seemed if it showed the check mark with a D over it, it meant the other person had verizon. If i sent a message to a person with another carrier it was just the check mark.
    11-27-08 08:51 PM
    On mine it seemed if it showed the check mark with a D over it, it meant the other person had verizon. If i sent a message to a person with another carrier it was just the check mark.
    thats correct, its typical with a lot of verizon phones from my knowledge. if you send a message to a verizon user you get an extra notification that lets you know the user got it. if its on another carrier you won't get that extra bit.
    11-27-08 09:45 PM
    anything further on this? Is there a way to know the person you sent your text to read your message?
    01-04-09 08:08 PM
    anything further on this? Is there a way to know the person you sent your text to read your message?
    Delivered is pretty much all your getting...
    Unless you ask for a return receipt to a email...
    01-04-09 08:11 PM
    What about a checkmark with an R?

I've been getting that too:

1) Checkmark
    2) Checkmark with D
    3) Checkmark with R
    01-04-09 08:13 PM
    Delivered is pretty much all your getting...
    Unless you ask for a return receipt to a email...
    ...and that D is only for the Verizon customers correct?
    01-04-09 08:13 PM
    I have Alltel and on my Pearl I have the D's on Alltel carriers and just checks on others, so from reading what you all have said the D is for same carrier and just a check for others. That's just a guess, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.
    01-08-09 09:49 PM
    I just went thru my sms log and this is correct. All my verizon contacts had the "D" and non-verizon was just a check.
    01-08-09 10:29 PM
    I believe the letters above the checks are for in network calls.
    D=delivered
    R=Received or Read (I'm not sure, I've seen both stated)
    01-09-09 12:58 AM
    Check mark-sent
    D-Delivered to VZW customer

That R is only for BBM, not SMS.
    01-09-09 01:02 AM
    The D means that your message was delivered. You should also have the date and time of delivery. And yes this means that they are a verizon customer. Check mark simply means message was delivered to a non verizon customer. I have not seen the R though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 01:07 AM
    I have Verizon service and when I send a text message to another Verizon customer I get the check mark with a D. However, the other night I sent several texts to a Verizon phone and the D never showed up, just a check mark.

Does this mean the message did not go through?

Has this ever happend to anyone else?
    01-26-10 11:22 AM
    I have Verizon service and when I send a text message to another Verizon customer I get the check mark with a D. However, the other night I sent several texts to a Verizon phone and the D never showed up, just a check mark.

Does this mean the message did not go through?

Has this ever happend to anyone else?
    My guess is that the message did not go through, possibly because the other persons phone was off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD