I am really dissapointed in RIM and Verizon regarding the 9530. This phone should net have been released yet. I am sending my phone back because of the below reasons. This is a real bummer.

slow lag time
    poor battery life
    poor build quality
    Camera comes on by itself
    numerouse other reasons

I think that RIM is on to something here but it will probably be the next generation in a year.

I am with Verizon does anyone know of a good data phone with really great camera and media?
    12-28-08 01:46 PM
    Try another BB, or maybe the Palm.
    12-28-08 01:47 PM
    I am with Verizon does anyone know of a good data phone with really great camera and media?
    Hate to say it, but try the Omnia It's a complex phone and make sure you're ok with Windows Mobile before you bring it home or you'll like it less than the Storm.
    12-28-08 01:49 PM
    You might want to try the Curve 8330, as I find it to be a great device. Very responsive, stable and customizable!

The Palm does not even come close to performing like the BB. I am an ex Treo user and had nothing but problems with 700, 750, and 755! They were not stable at all.....this is just my opinion and experience.
    12-28-08 01:52 PM
    [COLOR=indigo]

The Palm does not even come close to performing like the BB. I am an ex Treo user and had nothing but problems with 700, 750, and 755! They were not stable at all.....this is just my opinion and experience.

I never used one, but they looked kind of interesting.
    12-28-08 01:53 PM
    Try a Lg Voyager or better yet pull your iPhone outa the desk.. My Storms a rocket ship on sterodes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:57 PM
    If you have not gotten a replacement I think you need to try that first before you throw the chips in. I got the Storm at launch and I HATED the phone for the same reasons plus the screen click was horrible.

I like you was done with it all. Then I got a replacement. I absolutely love the phone now. It is like a totally different phone now. My first was made in Canada and this one is in Mexico. I know various threads talk about the two.

Now I can't put the phone down now. When people used to ask about the phone when they saw it, I said don't get this phone it sucks, they need to fix a bunch of stuff. Now I say go get one.

The upgrade to .75 on the old phone did not change much a little but not much. .75 is on this new phone and it rocks.

Give another shot.
    12-28-08 01:58 PM
    I never used one, but they looked kind of interesting.
    Ah, It would have been great if it worked properly. I originally went with it because of my business, to get MLS (Real Estate) programs on it, but nothing ever worked properly together. I really wanted to love it and for it to work, but none of the models worked, even without the added software. All the models were constantly resetting, restarting, freezing and beyond!

So I gave up and went to a BB Curve, and the rest is history......love my Curve! RIM is supposed to be coming out with some type of bluetooth fab to use with BB to enable the Real Estate related software. That would make me very Happy!
    12-28-08 02:03 PM
    Yeah,also think you should get a replacement before giving up,if you get a good one,you'll love the storm

12-28-08 02:06 PM
    The omnia is a joke. Interface and screen resolution is pathetic

12-28-08 02:16 PM
    New to blackberry and in the first couple of days, learrning how to use it, camera kept coming on and couldn't get it off.

So did a boot by taking out the battery and reinserting. Did not happen again.
    12-28-08 02:36 PM
    Why would I pull out my iphone? I am have ben with Verizon for 10 years. They have te best service and customer service. I do like the iphone internet and media. Blackberry smokes it on email.

Try a Lg Voyager or better yet pull your iPhone outa the desk.. My Storms a rocket ship on sterodes

12-28-08 06:05 PM
    Guys, thanks for all the advice. I will just stay with my Motorola Q9M until I see what Verizon does and maybe they will get some of the kinks out of the 9530.
    12-28-08 06:07 PM
    I used to have the iphone, and i find the storm to be much better
    the touch screen works great, and I don't find it to slow down at all.
    I think you should try a different storm to make sure
    12-28-08 06:32 PM
    I am really dissapointed in RIM and Verizon regarding the 9530. This phone should net have been released yet. I am sending my phone back because of the below reasons. This is a real bummer.

slow lag time
    poor battery life
    poor build quality
    numerouse other reasons

I think that RIM is on to something here but it will probably be the next generation in a year.

1) i think this will be fixed, already is in many places.

2) my battery is great, get a replacement battery or unit.

3) get a replacement unit

4) upgrade to .85 and unmap the camera from the side convience button

5) numerous other reasons isnt really helpful.
    12-28-08 10:59 PM

slow lag time
    poor battery life
    poor build quality
    numerouse other reasons

For the first 3 complaints what OS are you running?

For the camera issue you do realize that you can UN-assign the button on the side of the phone to NOT turn the camera on...or do anything for that matter.
    12-29-08 08:05 AM
    I'm done with the Storm also. I seriously wanted to like it (coming from a very reliable 8703), but after 3 replacements (in 3 weeks), I saw it as a sign from above that the Storm and I were just not meant to be.

Storm 1 = Broken GPS and screen was not clicking correctly
    Storm 2 = Parts of the screen were dead and did not detect touches
    Storm 3 = Refurbished unit that was resetting itself 2x daily

For the most part, I was able to forgive the software and UI issues and have faith that RIM will fix most of them in time. However, they do need to take a cue or two from Apple about simplyfying the UI.

My biggest gripe though is the QC of the hardware. I just don't think that the phone will survive my 2 year contract.

I've since switched to the Bold and am quite satisfied. It's much faster and quite frankly, just works. I may revisit the Storm if RIM ever get the hardware and software right, but right now, its just not right for me.
    12-29-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD