Hey guys, I am new to the BB forums here and I am sure this has already been answered but I have been looking for a while and couldn't find anything on it. I have a gmail account added to my BB storm which pretty much works great anytime I have a new email in my inbox. The problem is however...whenever I send out a new email from my computer (gmail account), there is a copy of that email which is sent to my storm. I was wondering if there was anyway that I can stop this. I want to be able to just send an email from my computer without that same message being sent to my BB (no matter who the recipient is). If anyone could help me out, please let me know. Thanks!
    - Stiboost21
    01-14-09 04:32 PM
    I was also wondering about this
    01-14-09 05:00 PM
    If you just got the phone do a battery pull after setting up BIS, I had this issue in November but not since. Not sure if Battery Pull is the answer but it uaually works for just about every qwirky thing with the Storm.

I have not found a option that affects the CC of sent emails to yourself!
    01-14-09 05:05 PM
    Do you have your GMail set up via POP3 or IMAP?
    01-14-09 05:16 PM
    Hey guys, I am new to the BB forums here and I am sure this has already been answered but I have been looking for a while and couldn't find anything on it. I have a gmail account added to my BB storm which pretty much works great anytime I have a new email in my inbox. The problem is however...whenever I send out a new email from my computer (gmail account), there is a copy of that email which is sent to my storm. I was wondering if there was anyway that I can stop this. I want to be able to just send an email from my computer without that same message being sent to my BB (no matter who the recipient is). If anyone could help me out, please let me know. Thanks!
    - Stiboost21
    I'm surprised you couldn't find this. Maybe your firewall is blocking the search fucntion.

No problem. I did the search for you.

Click this link to see what comes up.

hope it helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=8841783
    01-14-09 05:18 PM
    Doesn't set it up default as IMAP? Just for reference when I delete it on my phone (On Mailbox & Handheld), it deletes it on my gmail account. All I did was enter my gmail account and password on the BB and then it was set up.
    01-14-09 05:19 PM
    I was just trying to log onto the vzw bis site to change this filter, but it says I already have an account activated with my pin. I have never been on this site before and was just wondering how I might be able to log in. I went to vzw yesterday and they are idiots and don't know anything. Also, where might I be able to find the ESN/MEID number that is needed to log into the bis along with the pin. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    01-15-09 08:30 AM
    I was just trying to log onto the vzw bis site to change this filter, but it says I already have an account activated with my pin. I have never been on this site before and was just wondering how I might be able to log in. I went to vzw yesterday and they are idiots and don't know anything. Also, where might I be able to find the ESN/MEID number that is needed to log into the bis along with the pin. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I ran into this with both my BB and my wife's. Call the support number on the vzw site. They can fix it. It doesn't take too long and you hang up with your username and password and it's linked to your BB.
    01-15-09 08:56 AM
    I'm surprised you couldn't find this. Maybe your firewall is blocking the search fucntion.

No problem. I did the search for you.

Click this link to see what comes up.

hope it helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=8841783
    I just tried clicking the link, and it does not work.
    01-15-09 09:52 AM
    I just tried clicking the link, and it does not work.
    haha. I guess that's what I get for being a smart ***.

I just used the search string "gmail duplicate" and over 100 threads came up.
    01-15-09 10:54 AM
    Save yourself the headache. there's nothing you can do on your own. You need to call CS. ask to talk to technical support or the data department. It's hit or miss with a regular rep.

If you have a @vzw.blackberry.net address associated with your phone, then you already have your BIS account set up

They likely set up your BIS account when you set up your service over the phone or at the store. You just need to ask them to change your password. They can make it anything you want. I suggest something generic and then change it once you're logged in.

Hope that helps.
    01-15-09 10:58 AM
    I found a fix to this without needing to log on to the BIS website. Since I wasn't able to contact VZW customer service or even log onto my BIS account, I fooled around on the phone for a little while and dug up some info. I got my phone to filter out my gmail sent messages by: going into setup on the phone ---> email setting ---> highlighting my gmail email ---> clicking on filters on bottom of screen (looks like a little white snowflake) ---> add a filter (name it whatever, mine is named "A")---> changing Filter on from CC address to "From Address" ---> in the contain field putting my email address (ex: ****@gmail.com) ---> clicking add ---> selecting "do not forward messages to this device ---> clicking "save". You need to enter your password for your gmail account and then it should work. Let me know if anyone needs help and I can walk them through it. I am also assuming this is the same thing that needs to be done on the BIS account website. It works perfectly and all my sent mail from my gmail account is filtered out.
    01-15-09 05:15 PM
    well i had similar issue once i updated my OS then i had to send my phone a service book from my bb account on the web
    Login and Signup at ttps://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=bell

and i
    OPTIONS/ADVANCED/HOSTING ROUTING TABLES then press the BB button on the storm there is a register now there do it.

i read some wrks without doing the 2nd step in my case i had to 2 both steps
    01-15-09 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD