So, for those of you who got a replacement sent to you, did you send back your old phone with the battery and memory card? In the past, when I used Asurion (insurance claim), they did not want the old battery
    12-24-08 12:50 AM
    you need to send back whatever they send you. so, if you get a full retail replacement (new box with everything - phone, card, manuals, cables, etc.), you need to send all that back with your old phone (old accessories or new accessories doens't matter, but i would keep your original box for rebate purposes).

if you get a field replacement unit (brown box, phone only), you just send your old phone in.
    Last edited by changal; 12-24-08 at 01:24 AM.
    12-24-08 12:58 AM
    My replacement was the full retail box. They wanted everything from my original box (ie. charger, battery, memory card, etc....) and I was to keep everything in the new retail box. Hope this helps.
    12-24-08 01:03 AM
    Can I put my old SIM and memory card from my broken phone into the new phone, and send the new SIM and memory card sent with the new phone with the broken one?
    12-24-08 01:04 AM
    If my memory serves me correctly, the sim card is assigned to the specific phone. I would send the sim back with the old phone, but the memory card shouldn't make a difference. The address to the sim is printed on the UPC.
    12-24-08 01:09 AM
    I thought the SIM card was what activated the phone. since my broken BB is still activated, it just doesn't work. I'm guessing if I put that SIM card in the new phone, it will be activated.
    12-24-08 01:12 AM
    If my memory serves me correctly, the sim card is assigned to the specific phone. I would send the sim back with the old phone, but the memory card shouldn't make a difference. The address to the sim is printed on the UPC.
    Sim card is assigned to a particular phone. When I got mine activated I accidently read a number wrong and they stated it didnt belong ot that phone. When I re-read the numbers she stated that was it.
    12-24-08 01:13 AM
    No, the sim card is merely for world travel on GSM networks. Verizon is CDMA and the radio registered with the network is actually part of the phone (unless you have unlocked the phone to function on a GSM carrier). Therefore, to activate the replacement you will have to either call customer service or activate on the web site. The sim card is somewhat trivial unless you are a world traveler.
    12-24-08 01:16 AM
    I called and they said JUST the phone. I asked if I should send back the old accessories with the old phone or the old phone with the new accessories and she told me to keep the accessories. I should be getting my recredit soon and will then know if they misspoke and i'll have to send some accessories back or not.
    12-24-08 01:16 AM
    I called and they said JUST the phone. I asked if I should send back the old accessories with the old phone or the old phone with the new accessories and she told me to keep the accessories. I should be getting my recredit soon and will then know if they misspoke and i'll have to send some accessories back or not.
    hmm...definitely would be bank error in your favor if they let you keep an extra set of accessories, but what the ell go for it.

too bad they temporarily charged you for the replacement - not sure how they determine who to charge and who not to. some inconsistency there - i was never charged for any replacements.
    12-24-08 01:23 AM
    I was charged for the replacement as well. That gets wiped as soon as I send the old phone back.
    12-24-08 01:23 AM
    I wouldn't mess with it. They know exactly what they sent you and how long you have had it. If you keep something you are not supposed to, carma will come full circle and you will be charged full retail for anything missing.
    12-24-08 01:26 AM
    I'm just sending them the new memory card back and keeping my old one. I see no harm in that... And if they do keep the charge, I will complain... and get the charge wiped.
    12-24-08 01:27 AM
    Memory card should be just fine. There is no identifier of any kind that would link the memory card to the particular device.
    12-24-08 01:30 AM
    I wouldn't mess with it. They know exactly what they sent you and how long you have had it. If you keep something you are not supposed to, carma will come full circle and you will be charged full retail for anything missing.

Nah, calls are recorded so if i don't get full credit they'd best bet they'll be pulling that recording and they'll see that i was told to keep everything but the phone.
    12-24-08 01:32 AM
    After all the trouble I've been through, I'd say its fair to keep the extra battery and charger ....lololol

Hey Verizon, we're even now

j/k
    12-24-08 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD