has anyone else noticed that if you hold down the SEND button, the phone app will start and show your contacts. if you just press SEND, the number pad comes up.
    05-26-09 10:47 AM
    has anyone else noticed that if you hold down the SEND button, the phone app will start and show your contacts. if you just press SEND, the number pad comes up.
    Kewl find. Still learn something new about these phones every week.
    05-26-09 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the tip.
    05-26-09 11:06 AM
    It actually depends on how you have it set...it can either show dial pad, call log, or contacts when you just press send..
    05-26-09 11:08 AM
    It actually depends on how you have it set...it can either show dial pad, call log, or contacts when you just press send..
    That's not what he is saying. I have my send button set to show dial pad, but if I hold down the send button as the OP states I now get contacts. Cool find, very usefull.
    05-26-09 11:18 AM
    If you press it rapidly twice, you go to the number last dialed.
    05-26-09 12:53 PM
    awesome tip. Thanks. I'm going to go look to see how I can set it up as saleen032 mentioned.
    05-26-09 01:31 PM
    Yeah, this has been known for a while. It would be nice if it worked every time, though. Damn Storm OS...
    05-26-09 01:37 PM
    how can you setup your phone to do this? sorry for the dumba$$ question in this thread.
    05-26-09 01:42 PM
    how can you setup your phone to do this? sorry for the dumba$$ question in this thread.
    Press the Green (phone button). Hit the BB button. Go to options then to Initial View. Select what you want to see when you hit the Green button from there.
    05-26-09 01:45 PM
    That's not what he is saying. I have my send button set to show dial pad, but if I hold down the send button as the OP states I now get contacts. Cool find, very usefull.
    No kidding???? Really???? I know what he meant, but You can set the soft press to open dial pad, contacts, or call log under the options in the phone area........why dont you try it???
    05-26-09 01:52 PM
    No kidding???? Really???? I know what he meant, but You can set the soft press to open dial pad, contacts, or call log under the options in the phone area........why dont you try it???

I think the point is you have access to both the dial pad and contacts by just using one button.

Instead of having the soft press set to do one thing, this way you can do two.

Not a big deal but definitely a nice find.
    05-26-09 02:29 PM
    Wow, did I upset you? Wrong, this way works with just one key press. Short press - Whatever you set up in options. Long press - contacts. Get it? why don't YOU try it?
    Last edited by MarcSt; 05-26-09 at 03:04 PM.
    05-26-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD