Hi

I have had a blackberry storm for a few months now and have noticed that some of my old sms messages are no longer there!? but older ones are! how do I get them back because some of them were important!

The odd thing is I have a days worth of sms messages from when I first got the phone, then a gap of a couple of weeks, then some messages from then and then another gap and so on and so on.

I am on vodafone in the UK.

Mu
    08-20-09 06:58 AM
    You probably can't get them back, BUT I have a solution to help prevent the problem. Make sure to monitor your memory and not let it dip below 12 MBs, at this point the BB will delete stuff to enhance performance. Follow the link in my sig to my Tips page for memory management tips. Also upgrade to version 151 or greater OS.
    08-20-09 07:02 AM
    I'd say that your options are set not to keep the messages forever, which can be changed in the SMS general options, but that 2 week gap in the middle doesn't make nay sense to me.
    08-20-09 07:03 AM
    I bet the messages it didn't delete are saved messages. The ones that are gone now (permanently, unless you did a totally-full back-up) means you either don't have it set for permanent keeping, or the memory dipped too low as PKCable said.
    08-20-09 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD