Hey CrackBerrys. I always notice that while texting (SMS), If I mess up a word and simply want to keep going with the sentence with the motive to correct it later, I have a lot of trouble getting the cursor back to the word or part of the message I want, ESPECIALLY if it's a small word like "it" or "the" or an extra space that shouldnt be there. I have to spend a minute tapping the screen with the most precision I can, and sometimes that doesnt even work and I have to delete everything until I get there.

I dont mind the texting on the storm, but this part of it bothers me a lot. Any ideas on how to make this a bit easier?
    12-29-08 12:53 AM
    i havent had any probs doing this but you might have to adjust your screen settings.

menu>options>screen/keyboard and scroll down to touchscreen

mine are set to default and works fine (tap interval=400, hover period=100 swipe sensitivity=3)

im new too so i hope i have steered you in the right direction
    12-29-08 12:57 AM
    I would honestly probably turn off predictive texting by composing a new message in portrait mode. Click your bb menu button find the option that says Enable Multitap. Also you can go to options, spelling, and uncheck check spelling as you type. Hope this helps.
    12-29-08 01:02 AM
    You can also just hold thumb in message till you see a white cursor and scroll till you get where you need to be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 01:04 AM
    I have this issue too... I've tried playing with settings and it doesn't really help...
    12-29-08 01:05 AM
    Takes time to learn how to do it, I have gotten better but still fumble with it sometimes.
    12-29-08 01:09 AM
    the only way you can to this is click on the word and then touch the word hover over it for 2 sec , and then you will get a clear white box you continue to hold down not clicking but hovering and then you can scroll left and right , up and down and edit . although , a magnify glass like the iphone would have the best results too bad !
    12-29-08 01:10 AM
    put your finger over the letting..wait til it highlights then drag. ive had the same problems..til i figured out how to work it. lol good luck.
    12-29-08 01:27 AM
    put your finger over the letting..wait til it highlights then drag. ive had the same problems..til i figured out how to work it. lol good luck.
    Heres the problem. It never highlights. I can click the words on the screen for however long I can and it just stays pressed. No whitebox, no scrolling drag.
    12-29-08 02:03 AM
    you dont click the screen you just hover over the word aka touch but dont click lol
    12-29-08 02:28 AM
    yeah editing needs WORK!

this is one of those places where we need to steal some ideas frm the iphone. the iphone got text entry and text editing way more right than rim. ironic since rim is the messaging kings.
    12-29-08 02:32 AM
    Finally figured this out. Someone else was telling me about it, but could explain it. Thanks for the tip.
    12-29-08 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD