Yesterday, I upgraded my OS from .75 to .122 and then discovered what appeared to be duplicate entries in my calendar. When I opened my calendar, nearly every entry showed up twice but with different color coding. Turns out, it is not duplicate entries -- I sync one way from outlook to my Storm and I delete everything on the Storm during the sync. Instead, what it happening is that I now have multiple calendars, one for each of my three email addresses and one labeled "default calendar." Only one of my 3 "normal" calendars has anything in it and so does the "default calendar" (it matches up with my calendar that is identified as being my default). After I open my calendar on my Storm, I found that I can select either my "non-default" calendar or my "default calendar" from the list and the duplicate entries go away until I close my calendar and reopen it. When that happens, it goes back to showing all calendars. When that happens, I see my calendar entries twice.

I've searched both this forum and others on other web sites for hours and cannot find a solution. I've tried clearing the calendar with the DM Backup/Restore advanced clear method and resynching and get the same result. I've tried deleting the CICAL files from the service books for all but one of my email accounts and then clearing the calendar and resynching and get the same result. Now, I'm stuck. Anyone else have this issue with synching with Outlook and have any luck getting it resolved? I need some help.
    04-20-09 01:47 AM
    This sync issue completely confuses me, too.

I have my sync options set to sync one way from the phone to Outlook. When I had it set to delete everything from Outlook during the sync, it would produce duplicate entries in Outlook. When I UNCHECKED the box to delete everything in Outlook during the sync, the duplicate entries stopped happening. So I have mine set to sync one way, and I don't delete entries from Outlook during sync, and it works like it's supposed to.

Makes no sense to me.
    04-20-09 11:21 AM
    I have same issue -- default and "real" calendar showing twice. I guess you could go to CAL on BB and then select options and only show your default or "real" one. Let me know if that works for you or if another solution is better. (This one more a work around since it would only work if you have one calendar selected -- radio button forces ALL or ONE calendar to show.)
    04-28-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD