I know this topic has come up before but maybe now with all the time they has passed those that have them will have a more solid opinion. Battery life in storm is ok but short at times, I was looking into the seido extended batt but the one that fits with thw standard door. Is it worth it or is it pretty much the same thing?. Please don't give me "I heard ...." current or past owners please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 05:29 PM
    Also how thick does the one with the modified door feel? Is way too thick? Because I pick it looks horrible. Does battery life really double? Is the compromise really worth it? Or the one that fits the better buy? Thanks in advance

08-18-09 05:32 PM
    IMO, Seidio makes excellent batteries and that is it.

It's doors and cases break faster than V. Rossi rides bikes.
    08-18-09 06:00 PM
    Wentouch is right. The battery look/feel weird because the back no longer remains flat so you have this big battery hanging out the back. Unless your buying the seido extended battery case along with the battery itself I wouldn't bother because the battery door is cheap and breaks. I know from experience.
    I now have a extended battery I can't use which kind of blows.

08-18-09 06:22 PM
    Had zero problems with the oversize battery, oversize door, and belt clip sized for same. Probably don't need the extra capacity but it's nice to have.
    08-18-09 06:23 PM
    How long have you had your oversized battery door? Mine only lasted 1 month.

08-18-09 06:25 PM
    I have the Seidio 1600 (fits in place of standard) and I honestly haven't been able to confirm that it provides extra power. If it does it's minimal. however, I needed an extra battery and it was $5 less than the BB battery, so I certainly don't think it was a waste. One thing I will say though is that while it does fit inside the factory door, it is just a tiny bit larger than the OEM battery, so the fit is pretty tight. Pulling the battery requires strong fingernails or a screwdriver...lol!
    08-18-09 06:50 PM
    Chuck,

I had similar problem with batt pulls. I grabbed the free app Quick Pull (free, Steelthorn) and don't pop my case anymore. Reboot is a tad longer but it doesn't matter when the whole duration is loooong anyway. Longer by 30-40 seconds. I think this has to do whit the app shutting open apps down. just my guess
    08-18-09 07:11 PM
    i bought a generic extended off ebay...the door broke but that was due to the fact that I dropped it....but the seller is replacing it free of charge. It is a bit bulky, kinda like an older nextel....but it almost doubles the battery life and fits in the hard plastic holster...it's a trade off...slim and sleek vs power.....
    08-18-09 08:00 PM
    As far as I can see the public consensus is nay on the oversized battery and yay and the OEM size extended one. So I'm guessing its fair to say that the oem battery pretty much performs them same as the Oem size extended one

08-18-09 08:11 PM
    Chuck,

I had similar problem with batt pulls. I grabbed the free app Quick Pull (free, Steelthorn) and don't pop my case anymore. Reboot is a tad longer but it doesn't matter when the whole duration is loooong anyway. Longer by 30-40 seconds. I think this has to do whit the app shutting open apps down. just my guess
    I use Quick Pull too, but sometimes you have to actually do a physical pull.

I should also clarify a bit about the Seidio battery. It may have more juice...I just don't have any scentific data to say either way. I either run out of power and need to swap batteries or I dontm. I don't run meters on my useage or anything. I just always have a spare batt on me for he times I overdo things for the day.

08-18-09 09:44 PM
    I also bought an extended battery off of ebay and like everyone says the door will break in no time flat. I can't believe RIM will not come out with a nice extended replacement. The problem is the tabs at the top of the door. They are really small plastic tabs as opposed to the metal ones on the stock door, and there is only 2 instead of 3.
    08-18-09 09:44 PM
    I know this topic has come up before but maybe now with all the time they has passed those that have them will have a more solid opinion. Battery life in storm is ok but short at times, I was looking into the seido extended batt but the one that fits with thw standard door. Is it worth it or is it pretty much the same thing?. Please don't give me "I heard ...." current or past owners please

The extended battery is great, however, the extended case, while it feels nice and looks decent breaks. I've had 2 of them break and i now have a third case that i am not using because i want to try and make my own stronger backing and want to use the seido case as a model. So right now im just using the regular battery and i keep the extended battery (charged) in the little smaller pocket on my jeans that way if im out drunk or whatnot and my battery dies i can always throw that one in for a call or to help direct my non-english speaking taxi driver with google maps etc.
    The battery is well worth the money but you'll need to do something with the case.
    08-19-09 01:08 PM
    IMO, Seidio makes excellent batteries and that is it.

It's doors and cases break faster than V. Rossi rides bikes.
    Agree about the batteries, and kudos for a great Rossi reference.
    08-19-09 02:53 PM
    IMO you won't get enough extra "juice" out of these batteries to justify the extra $$$....i suggest you invest in another OEM battery, and the quick charger, and keep it with you...

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=54FnVHiJ

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=xDxhy-GO

they come in a bundle also!!! that's what i get, and i can squeeze at least a week out of the two batteries if i need to...i like to charge one while using the other, and contrary to what i've read/heard about Lithium Ion batteries, they don't like being fully discharged, my battery life has improved by letting it fully discharge occasionally...might be a placebo effect, or lower usage, but who knows? maybe it's MAGIC!!!!!
    08-19-09 04:47 PM
    IMO, the Seidio 1600 mAh battery sucks. I bought one, used it for about a week to achieve the recommended 5-6 charges that Seidio recommended. Always fully charged and almost fully discharged prior to charging. And it NEVER lasted longer than the OEM, repeat NEVER. I even did test trying to mimic the exact amount of usage on each battery and the Seidio never lasted longer than the OEM. I have a tour though and not the storm. I sent it back and got OEM from E-Bay for half the cost. OEM is way to go IMO!!
    10-06-09 05:02 PM
    I bought a package on eBay and I'm totally satisfied. Although they look like OEM, you can tell that they're not RIM batteries. I liked the fact that the seller noted NOT ORIGINAL. I could care less but the batteries have sticker on them that make them look like OEM batteries.

1. Wallcharger for spare battery (with USB port)
    2. 1400 mAh batteries (2 pcs)
    3. USB Cable
    4. Neckstrap (I still have this and haven't figured out what to do with it)
    5. Screen protector

That's six items for under $20.

These batteries seem to work just as well as my OEM. I guess I"m a heavy user because I have to replace my battery before my day is over. Usually, I come to the office with a fully charged Storm and around 4~5 PM, I take out the battery and replace it with another that's been sitting in the charger all night. Just pop the empty battery in the charger and it's ready to go the following day.

Ebay Item
    10-06-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD