Storm 9530 running .76.

Have set the Security Timeout to 1 hr. My understanding is that means after an hour of inactivity (no screen or button press) the Storm locks and I have to use a password to get into it again.

Problem is, my phone locks at wayyyyyyyy less than an hour. Doesn't seem to be consistent - can happen after 5 min, 15 min or less than 5 min.

Anyone else experiencing this? I keep thinking maybe the official .122 may fix this - any comments on that, or what else I can do?

Telus still hasn't released an official .122 version and I've been trying to be a good customer and stay with their official releases. Rapidly approaching the "screw it" point though. Too bad - their people seem to try hard but the company's a joke. Darren Entwhistle, I hope you read this.

TIA - R.
    04-24-09 05:27 PM
    No joy? Anyone?

Helllllllloooooooooooooooooo ... hellohellohello ...

- R.
    04-28-09 05:12 PM
    Well, I don't think thats what Security timeout is.
    Security Timeout is when your phone after the amount of passcode usages fail to attempt, your phone goes on the security timeout for the amount of time you allowed it to be.

Example:
    Someone stole my phone and attempted to put in the password 5 times, and 5 times is the limit.
    What it will do then is go under a security timeout for 30 mins, (meaning the phone will not operate until then) since i set it to 30 minutes.

I don't think Security Timeout is locking your phone. But hey... I can be wrong.
    04-28-09 05:16 PM
    To BlackStorm: Security timeout *is* the setting for automatically locking your Storm when it's inactive. The password attempts field specifies the max number of password attempts before the BB wipes itself.

To the OP, what happens when you try different times like 1m, 2m, 5m, etc. Does the Storm follow those settings?

I've used a number of OS versions (currently on .132) and all have worked fine regarding that setting.

Could you possibly have a BES policy installed overriding your setting?
    04-28-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD