What screen settings do you guys have set on your storm? I feel like I could be faster but every time I change one setting it doesn't feel any better. What settings do you guys use?
    11-24-08 02:40 PM
    I would also like to know what custom settings people are using. Also, am I the only one that uses the SureType almost exclusively? The only thing I really miss about my iPhone 3G is that when you struck a key it popped up the letter so you could see what you had hit. I think if rim implemented this, I'd really enjoy typing on the QWERTY more.
    11-24-08 02:48 PM
    anyone want to share your person settings?
    11-24-08 06:43 PM
    Backlight: 50
    Key Rate: Fast
    Tap Interval: 100
    Hover Period: 100 (This seemed to really fix the delay in the hollow box display when editing texts/word documents)
    Swipe Sensitivity: 6 (High)

Seems better, not perfect, but better for sure. Hope this helps
    11-24-08 06:47 PM
    thanks for the info, this is very helpful!
    11-24-08 07:12 PM
    Yes, thank you!

Those settings completely improved my browsing experience. My tap interval was set to 1000, the complete opposite, and I couldn't figure out the difference between zooming in and show/hide the browser menu bars.

The hover period fixed the text selection and movement too!
    11-24-08 07:26 PM
    Hover Period: 100 (This seemed to really fix the delay in the hollow box display when editing texts/word documents)

These are my exact settings and I think it works wonderfully. I really enjoy this phone.

Honestly, I can't see what everyone is complaining about. For me, it doesn't get any better than this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 07:32 PM
    Its taken a lot of tweaking, but I'm lovin it more and more. Either I'm getting better at typing, OR its learning how I type (likes its supposed to) I'm finding I make less and less errors and I can type with more accuracy everytime I play with it
    11-24-08 07:37 PM

Those are the same settings I have. The phone works better but I hope the next updates helps with some of the lag.
    11-24-08 08:10 PM
    thanks for the posting...i like 'em setting too
    11-24-08 09:13 PM
    Hi guys. I'm new to blackberry (had a razor before this) and I'm having trouble finding my way around on it. How do you change the keyrate and tap settings?
    11-26-08 11:16 AM

That is exactly how I have mine set as well. Seems to work fine.
    11-26-08 11:26 AM
    Hi guys. I'm new to blackberry (had a razor before this) and I'm having trouble finding my way around on it. How do you change the keyrate and tap settings?
    options>screen/keyboard then scroll down
    11-26-08 11:37 AM
    I'm using:

Key: Fast
    Tap: 400 (default)
    Hover: 500
    Swipe: 3 (default)

I raised the Hover because when I first got the phone I was typing VERY carefully, and the popups were coming up too quickly and getting in the way. It helped me a lot to slow down the hover effect.

I'm not sure what tap and swipe do, so I left them alone. Everyone seems to say the setting Key Rate to fast helps, so I did that too, although I'm not really sure what it does.

Is there anywhere (in the official documentation) that this stuff is explained?
    11-26-08 11:49 AM
    Thanks -- got it!
    11-26-08 12:41 PM
    Backlight: 10 (it is really bright first thing in the morning so the dim level is great)
    Hover Period: 100

Also have portrait view keyboard set to Multitap and this gives you the option to choose what letter, but the landscape view of the keyboard is much better and preferable.

Downloading Viigo now - looks pretty sweet!
    11-26-08 01:19 PM
    Setting work great but i use Suretype in portrait view, qwerty in Landscape a bit fiddly if you've fat thumbs, lol!
    11-26-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD