So I wish I would have known this before I wasted my money. The Verizon screen protectors for the storm are crappy as possible. I left my screen protector that came with the phone on for a while and decided that it was getting a little old. I put on my new Verizon ones that I got with the phone. Little did i know, It already had scratches, when I went to get 1 bubble out, the screen got scratched, O.K. my fault right. However the screen always feels a little bit tacky which is awful, and when I tried to clean the screen with the included microfiber cloth, THAT ACTUALLY SCRATCHED THE SCREEN PROTECTOR cloth is harder than this sp. I wasn't pressing very hard. The VZ CSR told me that it was a bad one and that shouldn't happen, anyone else have this experience. I'm going to return it later this week.
    12-14-08 01:50 PM
    I have had the Verizon screen protector on since I got the phone. No problems what so ever. The screen is scratch proof. Are you sure you took off the original factory shipped screen protector? There are two of them on some phones. There is no way you could scratch the screen with a cloth when a guy took a hunting knife to his screen and it didn't scratch one bit.
    12-14-08 01:52 PM
    did you take the front side protective film off to? cuz i thought they sucked to untill i realized there's a protective coating on each side of the protector you need to peel off..............
    12-14-08 01:53 PM
    did you take the front side protective film off to? cuz i thought they sucked to untill i realized there's a protective coating on each side of the protector you need to peel off..............
    That is my exact guess, I can't scratch mine if I tried. There is NO WAY POSSIBLE that the cloth scratched the protector.
    Either that or he peeled the wrong side and has the wrong side on the screen.....don't laugh I have seen it done.
    12-14-08 01:56 PM
    the screen is glass, it cannot be scratched....I think so!??

BlackBerry Storm Screen Scratch Test
    12-14-08 01:56 PM
    You're right...I tried differnt SP that i had some extras from when I bought my Camera and they sucked....I spent the 10 bucks for 3 SPs and didn't realize that there where coatings on the front and back of the SP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 02:02 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...23#post1180823

Here guys! I just made my own screen protector this morning, with Wal-mart supplies totaling $2.01! It takes about 20-30 minutes to do it right, but its a great solution I promise.

Good luck!
    Last edited by sputniksteve; 12-14-08 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Inserting link
    12-14-08 02:08 PM
    I'm thinking that the Verizon sheets are pieces of "sheet" too. I not only get some scratching after only a day, but that the actual hold of the film is pretty flimsy. I'm already on my 3rd sheet in about 2 weeks. One lasted about 2 days at best. I put my phone in my pocket, and it must have caught an edge or something and became useless after about an hour.

Are the Smartphone Protector Sheets any better quality? They're about 50% more expensive, but I'll pay it if they are of better quality and last longer than the Verizon sheets.
    12-14-08 02:16 PM
    The $10 Verizon screen protectors work fine. My only real complaint is the streaks you get from the oil on your fingers. Pretty minor overall.

For $10 I'm not really expecting miracles, but it does the job of protecting the screen from the occasional bump or scrape that's a part of regular use.
    PPC Techs will have screen protectors available for the Storm before Christmas. While not cheap, their protectors are the best that I have ever found.

Chris
    i like mine too. no probs here.
    12-14-08 02:20 PM
    I've had the same Verizon screen protector on my phone for three weeks. No scratches. Doesn't peel off. I'm surprised everyone is having so much trouble.
    12-14-08 02:35 PM
    WOW!!! I feel dumb But thankyou.. i didn't peel the second coating off.... But would rather feel dumb with a good sp than smart without
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! sorry caps

"you would think the cs rep would have thought of the second layer idea" Crackberry knows more about VZW products than VZW tech support people. ****Go Crackberry**** woot woot!!!
    Last edited by tbrakef; 12-14-08 at 03:56 PM.
    12-14-08 02:43 PM
    I've been using the VZW screen protectors since day 1. No issues, no scratches. Started to pull up on day one, but it was user error (VZ tech put it on while activating my phone, etc) and I quickly remedied that by pulling it off and putting it back on.
    Only "issue" is fingerprints and smudges from my fingers . . . and I've never had a screen protector that didn't attract smudges. Better there than on the phone. The microfiber cloth is included to clean the screen before applying the screen protector & then for cleaning it once applied.

Are you sure you pulled off both screen covers on the phone? Mine had 2 on the screen out of the box
    12-14-08 02:43 PM
    BTW: off topic

I used a nifty little trick to align the sp perfectly. I used two playing cards as a brace in the corner. I had to ruin the one card i suggest the informational card or something like that. I put them in the gap between phone and screen on in each corner and taped them together and it made a perfect "guide" the screen looks so perfect now that I have the top off, Thanks guys
    12-14-08 02:46 PM
    I like your alignment guide, I am def going to try that.

Glad to see you figured it out, I did the same thing a couple years ago on another phone.
    12-14-08 02:48 PM
    haha i did the same thing u did when first applying then realized my mistake as i ripped off the top coat in frustration. They really are good protesters with no orange peel at all just ur oil from your fingers gets all over them but better have oil on the protector then on the screen.
    12-14-08 02:50 PM
    BTW: off topic

I used a nifty little trick to align the sp perfectly. I used two playing cards as a brace in the corner. I had to ruin the one card i suggest the informational card or something like that. I put them in the gap between phone and screen on in each corner and taped them together and it made a perfect "guide" the screen looks so perfect now that I have the top off, Thanks guys
    Good idea! I'm assuming you put them vertically in the cutout location of the screen?
    12-14-08 03:23 PM
    I didn't even bother to use the screen protector. The only marks on my screen are from my finger prints. My friend has an iphone and that screen protector is as flimsy as these are.
    12-14-08 03:36 PM
    I think the Verizon SP's are great. They are easy to apply and I like the smooth surface they offer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 03:36 PM
    Using the seperately sold Verizon one myself. That thing has taken some abuse, and no scratches. That thing is in and out of my flightsuit everyday rubbing past zippers, and then in and out of my jacket pockets that have the little elastic drawstrings with plastic clips inside of them (and my keys at times--when I forget). Not a single scratch yet.
    12-14-08 03:42 PM
    Good idea! I'm assuming you put them vertically in the cutout location of the screen?
    Yes
    It worked so well, the playing card is just a little wider than the screen so you'll have to cut the one card

Notice my quote, if you guys were dumb(which your obviously not) I would still have thought my protectors were garbage
    and I would still be upset, however surrounding my self with wisdom made me wiser. just a nice little moral to keep in mind when choosing friends.
    ||
    ||
    \/
    Last edited by tbrakef; 12-14-08 at 03:49 PM.
    12-14-08 03:45 PM
    Those looking for screen protector...Clarivue now has screen protector for the Storm. They charge $10.99 with free shipping.

I just purchased from eBay from the seller jhongs for $7.99. All my screen protectors whether it be cell phones, mp3s, video games, cameras, it all has Clarivue on them.
    12-15-08 12:05 PM
    Buy the ones for the I-Pod Touch. They are thicker and better and I use them on my I-Pod Touch and my Storm both.
    12-17-08 12:06 AM
    I used the one that came with the storm for a while. It was a great but i put a scratch in it when I was towing people out of the snow here. I put on the Verizon ones I had bought but threw in my car when I realized they already came with one and it worked great as well. I did notice the one I put on myself seems to streak and smear a lot more than the original but it does a great job protecting.

I am gonna try that card trick when I get my replacement phone
    12-17-08 12:11 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD