For some reason on my storm it seems to not respond in certain areas. it seems to just be on the outside edges towards the bottom while in portrait mode. I do not have the phone active on an account now so I can not bring it in for service. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and found a fix.

I have wiped the handheld and updated the software to the .148 and it is still doing it. Anything to try short of opening it up? I may contact RIM about a warranty exchange if it is still covered under manufactures warranty.

any help would be apprieciated.
    09-15-09 09:58 AM
    Mine does the same thing (sometimes) in the lower left corner when on landscape mode.
    09-15-09 10:52 AM
    Can you actually "click" the screen or does it feel like it is pushed in to where it can't move?
    09-15-09 11:10 AM
    The screen clicks but it will not highlight the correct place on the screen.
    09-15-09 01:03 PM
    Is the phone warm? IS it hot out or very humid? This can cause this problem.

If not, call for a warranty replacement.
    09-15-09 01:15 PM
    That is really weird. You have tried a battery pull, right?
    09-15-09 01:22 PM
    If not, how bout an upgrade to .151 or .167?
    09-15-09 01:23 PM
    If it clicks, but won't highlight in those areas, then the digitizer is bad. I would activate it on an account and call in a warranty replacement.
    09-15-09 01:29 PM
    i had an issue where one day i woke up and the bottom of the phone wouldn't click at all anymore... i took it to the vzw store and they replaced it no questions asked... its worth a try for you too
    09-15-09 01:37 PM
    i had an issue where one day i woke up and the bottom of the phone wouldn't click at all anymore... i took it to the vzw store and they replaced it no questions asked... its worth a try for you too
    when you did this did you have to put back the original fireware or does it even matter
    10-06-09 02:49 AM
    This JUST happened to one of my friends. He took it to VZW and they swapped it out. He couldn't even use the number pad to use the prompts when he called CS.
    10-06-09 07:27 AM
    I have a device that came in the first week they were released.
    Within the last few weeks it has started to exhibit this behavior - certain parts of the screen won't highlight even though I can click down.

Scrolling at times seems very slow, like the screen sensitivity is dying. I think I'll take it by the verizon store soon.

This is my first blackberry - what do I do about installed third party apps and the pin changes?
    10-06-09 09:49 AM
    thanks I'll have it activated soon enough and get it swapped.
    10-06-09 02:02 PM
    verizon is the best i was having the same issue and just came back from the store. i told the rep i have a dead spot on my phone she was ok just sign here.. didnt even look at the phone and didnt have to pay a dime!!! =) so get ur phone activated and do it!!! i love this site just saved me at least 50 bucks cuz i was going to go straight through insurance before reading this thread
    10-06-09 11:00 PM
    Total Phone Defect, I Used To Have The SAME EXACT ISSUE, Then I Just Got A Replacement. At First, I Thought It Was The Touch Screen And Just How The Storm Was Made, But No, I Had A Defective Storm. And I Remember Having To Order It When It First Came Out, That Was Back In December Of Last Year Tho.
    10-07-09 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD