Hey guys and gals...

How much does your screen move around? Mine seems to move about 1/8th in all directions. Side to side and up and down. Im afraid its gonna fall out...
    12-18-08 04:28 PM
    they all do. thats just how they designed it i guess some people are saying theirs is different depending on where it was made (canada vs mexico) and when they ordered it.

wish there was something i could put in each side like rubber to stop it from moving/letting light out...
    12-18-08 04:37 PM
    Nooooooooooooooo not another screen moving thread!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 04:37 PM
    I talked to a few friends that have a storm and thiers dont move as much as mine. I was going to call to get it replaced but Im afraid of what I will get....

Oh and I forgot,,,, Search search search....
    12-18-08 04:49 PM
    mine has less than a mm of movement...not that big a deal

Mine's made in Canada
    12-18-08 04:50 PM
    1/8th of what? the overall dimensions?!?!?
    12-18-08 04:55 PM
    1/8 of what? There is less than 1/32 of an inch of space between the glass and the surrounding frame. Yes, the screen does move a tiny amount, but anything more than about the thickness of a credit card and it would be banging on the edges. Is yours hitting the frame when it moves? If not then it's probably fine.
    12-18-08 04:56 PM
    actually i never realized it moved until i hear the crackberry podcast review.

at the bottom of my screen, it moves ALOT side to side. it doesnt really move anywhere else. which makes me think its man. defecrt.
    12-18-08 04:58 PM
    it moves to where the screen can touch the frame on all 4 sides. Plus when I pick it up sometimes I can hear it hit the side of the frame.
    12-18-08 05:00 PM
    well i just recieved 2 bum replacements that are going back...i noticed major screen movement on both. For example if i shook it lightly, the screen would rattle back and forth on both. My original doesn't move at all. I may just ride out my original with the semi loose send key till the Niagra
    12-18-08 05:04 PM
    Just called and they are going to replace it, but I have to take it into the store to have it looked at by a tech. The store has 20 in stock and they are holding a new one for me. I have to take everything back charger, box and all.
    12-18-08 05:59 PM
    Mine rattles too, but so what? It works okay. After one month you'll be treating your baby like ****e, tossing it around the room like an old pair of shoes. In 18 months you'll be getting a new BB.
    12-18-08 08:46 PM
    Just picked up my replacement from a verizon store. It still wiggles some but man, compared to my first one which was a rattler this one barely moves. My first one was from Mexico. Second one from Canada.
    My screen clicks like a dream now also. I never knew it could "be so good"
    12-18-08 09:00 PM
    its normal, people need to stop worrying and crying about it.
    12-18-08 09:01 PM
    My stops rattleing when I apply the business card trick. Hint!
    12-18-08 09:01 PM
    The small gap is normal. Its obvious to have it from the entire screen being able to click down. Not really a big deal.
    12-18-08 09:04 PM
    I see a night and day difference in the size of the gap between my replacement and my old one. My replacement has a tighter look and feel to it and it's not a placebo effect.

I'm wondering if they have multiple manufacturers for the screen and one of them is out of whack...
    Last edited by vv; 12-18-08 at 09:44 PM.
    12-18-08 09:33 PM
    I am going nuts waiting for my replacement. The only way mine worked well was with business cards and the click would stick sometimes because of that. Oh without the cards mine its all sides.
    12-18-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD