What's a good tried and true program that works that doesn't have a lot of memory leaks? My memory hovers around 30 now after battery pull and I don't want anything that's heavy pulling it down... And suggestions on which to get? My cheeks like to put people on mute and 3 way! lol
    07-28-09 01:20 PM
    StormLock. I used it until I got BerrySlider.
    07-28-09 01:44 PM
    ScreenLock. It is free and it works. It isn't flashy, but I just need it to lock the screen.
    07-28-09 01:46 PM
    I use storm slider...Its the iphone style slider but is very customizable and works perfectly.
    07-28-09 01:49 PM
    Don't buy any of these programs. 5.0.0.140 already has a pretty good implementation of such a screen suspend action. Future OS releases will streamline this soon.
    07-28-09 01:50 PM
    Don't buy any of these programs. 5.0.0.140 already has a pretty good implementation of such a screen suspend action. Future OS releases will streamline this soon.
    So maybe use Screenlock since it's free until the newer OS is released? It's great that they are working on this feature in the new OS.
    07-28-09 01:56 PM
    Well I had both screen lock Apps but neither worked right for me as my phone would screen lock on it's own with or without the apps. It would lock to the point the even with I used my Bluetooth I couldn't hang up the call and would have to pull the battery. But the Slider App has calmed my torrmented device down a lil hahaha.
    07-28-09 02:29 PM
    how about you go on a diet and get rid of your giant chipmunk cheeks! lol, jk....

seriously idk how people click their screen with their face!!! it's not like it reacts from touching, it's a CLICK!!! are you putting your phone in a neck death grip or something?
    07-28-09 03:56 PM
    how about you go on a diet and get rid of your giant chipmunk cheeks! lol, jk....

seriously idk how people click their screen with their face!!! it's not like it reacts from touching, it's a CLICK!!! are you putting your phone in a neck death grip or something?
    They're not giant just cute. I have kids and if I'm on the phone and have to grab a hand or change a diaper it gets it, actually it's my jaw bone that does it. But thanks COMPLETELY for ALL your help and insight.
    07-28-09 06:30 PM
    i guess all of my electronic devices will fail me when i have kids, that seems to be the message i've been getting...
    07-28-09 07:42 PM
    I find that holding the phone pressing it with your ear directly where the earpiece (the black piece on top) is, with the mic facing outward rather than directly toward your mouth, works best if you are going to be holding the phone between your face and shoulder.

There's also always the included headset. I use the 1 earpiece headset from an older phone. The mics on the BB headsets work great.
    Last edited by wentouch; 07-28-09 at 08:21 PM.
    07-28-09 07:55 PM
    I find that holding the phone pressing it with your ear directly where the earpiece (the black piece on top) is, with the mic facing outward rather than directly toward your mouth, works best if you are going to be holding the phone between your face and shoulder.

There's also always the included headset. I use the 1 earpiece headset from an older phone. The mics on the BB headsets work great.
    I am planning on getting a bluetooth... I can't use the mic/ear plugs that came with it. I have small ear canals and it just doesn't work. My husband has a hard time with it even and he's not a small guy. Oh well, just have to wait till 5 comes out!
    07-28-09 09:26 PM
    Does anyone have the link to screenlock cuz I'm having one helluva time finding it.
    09-23-09 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD