Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. DabOfLoven's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Screen lock while in call

    What's a good tried and true program that works that doesn't have a lot of memory leaks? My memory hovers around 30 now after battery pull and I don't want anything that's heavy pulling it down... And suggestions on which to get? My cheeks like to put people on mute and 3 way! lol
  2. RickyRoss10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,696 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,697 Global Posts
    PIN
    30FC76A6
    #2  

    Default

    StormLock. I used it until I got BerrySlider.
    Check these out: QuickLaunch, MeterBerry, BeNexus, BerryJoose, BerryWeather, Poynt, BerryBuzz...and CB Launcher, of course!
    Follow me on Twitter
    Check out my blog
    People with iPhones are TRENDY...People with BlackBerrys are IMPORTANT
  3. sylvesterii's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    ScreenLock. It is free and it works. It isn't flashy, but I just need it to lock the screen.
  4. 1967LS2's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    741 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I use storm slider...Its the iphone style slider but is very customizable and works perfectly.
    DONT HATE BECAUSE YOUR STUCK WITH AN IPHONE!
  5. JRSCCivic98's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    14,514 Posts
    PIN
    I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. :p | Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums! | Hybrids Suck!
    #5  

    Default

    Don't buy any of these programs. 5.0.0.140 already has a pretty good implementation of such a screen suspend action. Future OS releases will streamline this soon.
  6. DabOfLoven's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSCCivic98 View Post
    Don't buy any of these programs. 5.0.0.140 already has a pretty good implementation of such a screen suspend action. Future OS releases will streamline this soon.
    So maybe use Screenlock since it's free until the newer OS is released? It's great that they are working on this feature in the new OS.
  7. michael styles's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    PIN
    Plz Ask
    #7  

    Default

    Well I had both screen lock Apps but neither worked right for me as my phone would screen lock on it's own with or without the apps. It would lock to the point the even with I used my Bluetooth I couldn't hang up the call and would have to pull the battery. But the Slider App has calmed my torrmented device down a lil hahaha.
    Mikey *Styles*: "Well Known, Yet Undescovered!"
  8. patches152's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    7,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    how about you go on a diet and get rid of your giant chipmunk cheeks! lol, jk....

    seriously idk how people click their screen with their face!!! it's not like it reacts from touching, it's a CLICK!!! are you putting your phone in a neck death grip or something?
  9. DabOfLoven's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patches152 View Post
    how about you go on a diet and get rid of your giant chipmunk cheeks! lol, jk....

    seriously idk how people click their screen with their face!!! it's not like it reacts from touching, it's a CLICK!!! are you putting your phone in a neck death grip or something?
    They're not giant just cute. I have kids and if I'm on the phone and have to grab a hand or change a diaper it gets it, actually it's my jaw bone that does it. But thanks COMPLETELY for ALL your help and insight.
  10. patches152's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    7,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    #10  

    Default

    i guess all of my electronic devices will fail me when i have kids, that seems to be the message i've been getting...
  11. wentouch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,065 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    I find that holding the phone pressing it with your ear directly where the earpiece (the black piece on top) is, with the mic facing outward rather than directly toward your mouth, works best if you are going to be holding the phone between your face and shoulder.

    There's also always the included headset. I use the 1 earpiece headset from an older phone. The mics on the BB headsets work great.
    Last edited by wentouch; 07-28-2009 at 08:21 PM.
  12. DabOfLoven's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wentouch View Post
    I find that holding the phone pressing it with your ear directly where the earpiece (the black piece on top) is, with the mic facing outward rather than directly toward your mouth, works best if you are going to be holding the phone between your face and shoulder.

    There's also always the included headset. I use the 1 earpiece headset from an older phone. The mics on the BB headsets work great.
    I am planning on getting a bluetooth... I can't use the mic/ear plugs that came with it. I have small ear canals and it just doesn't work. My husband has a hard time with it even and he's not a small guy. Oh well, just have to wait till 5 comes out!
  13. nero_amal's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Does anyone have the link to screenlock cuz I'm having one helluva time finding it.

Posting Permissions