Help Help =(
    Ok so first off let me apologize if someone has already posted something similar to this I looked around and found nothing though.
    So I have the Blackberry Storm 9530. A week or so ago I was using my phone to text, and the first thing i noticed the keyboard started to glitch, what I mean is the on screen keyboard would appear and not necessarily disappear but it would fade an then have several lines appear on the keyboard so the keyboard wasn't recognizable on one side only, this was when the phone was in landscape, I tilted the phone to portrait and it did the same thing. The problem wasn't resolved. I then decided to do a battery pull, and thats when the problem occurred. I turned my phone on like normal and now the screen doesn't work at all the buttons still respond and work but the screen doesn't. I have not dropped or broken the phone to cause this. Has anyone else experienced the same thing, or have solutions?

Thank you for viewing.
    03-24-10 05:35 AM
    I've had a similar problem, but then my screen just went blank and could never get it to work again. I had to get it replaced...sounds like that's what you will need to do.
    03-24-10 12:37 PM
    dude i'm having this same problem now. if you take it apart and remove, then reattach the lcd to the midplate, it should work for a while until you can get it replaced. thats what i did and it worked for a couple days.
    03-24-10 01:25 PM
    If you're okay with dismantling your phone and thus voiding the warranty, you can try that, but otherwise, not recommended. I had this happen on my S1 just two weeks before I was preparing to upgrade. I called VZW support who then transferred me to RIM support and nothing worked. In the end, they sent me a replacement. After I received it, I was preparing my phone to return and did a Security Wipe. To my surprise, when the phone rebooted, everything worked perfect, so you might want to consider trying that.
    03-24-10 01:30 PM
    you can take the warranty sticker off really easy without damaging it at all. i guess i should have mentioned that part ha. did you do the security wipe through dm or what program? (no thread hijacking intended)
    03-24-10 01:43 PM
    Hey, iamm...guess you're asking me that question. I did the Security Wipe through the device itself (Options/Security). I know there are other ways, but for this, it was just fine and I wasn't even really expecting it to be REPAIRED...just getting it ready to return, lol.

you can take the warranty sticker off really easy without damaging it at all. i guess i should have mentioned that part ha. did you do the security wipe through dm or what program? (no thread hijacking intended)
    03-24-10 02:42 PM
    My husband and I both bought the S1 in Feb 2009. This happened to his phone in January 2010, mine just 2 weeks ago. Thankfully we both have the TEC insurance, the verizon store near our home replaced both phones with referb S1 with no questions asked under manufacturer's warranty and extended warranty respectively.
    03-25-10 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD