My screen clicks but it takes a while for it to pop back up, is like there is something sticky behind it. anyone having this issue? i need help before I try to get it replaced
    06-26-09 01:39 PM
    It needs to be replaced. Sounds like something in there broke or something sticky got in there
    06-26-09 03:44 PM
    Phone might be running slow. Can occur if u have a lot of apps including ones which update or if u don't close out via menu > close/exit. Also routine battery pulls (w/device on) shd help.

If occurring on web, may be site/network related.
    06-26-09 04:11 PM
    Phone might be running slow. Can occur if u have a lot of apps including ones which update or if u don't close out via menu > close/exit. Also routine battery pulls (w/device on) shd help.

If occurring on web, may be site/network related.

I don't think that's his issue...

Mine started doing the same thing recently, sticking down, I pulled the battery and cut a piece of thin plastic gift card the same size of the battery and placed it under the battery. A folded up piece of paper, or thick business card will do the same. The screen no longer sticks and it clicks MUCH better.
    06-26-09 04:41 PM
    If your screen is sticking in the down position, I take the phone back. That's a hardware problem.
    06-26-09 04:49 PM
    Replacing phone/adding card r potential solutions as well as browser > menu > options > browser configuration > support java script > uncheck + prompt 2 enable js > check.
    06-26-09 04:50 PM
    @grey: i experienced problem briefly. May not be hardware related.
    06-26-09 04:55 PM
    I been getting this problem occasionally too. I've been thinking about trying to get an exchange because of it.

I can fix it with gravity and a small shake and then it clicks fine but I am worry it is only going to get worse over time.
    06-26-09 05:18 PM
    My screen clicks but it takes a while for it to pop back up, is like there is something sticky behind it. anyone having this issue? i need help before I try to get it replaced
    https://tr.im/

Be Careful when removing the water detection sticker behind the battery cover and make sure to keep track of it. You need to place it back where it was in order to "retain" your warranty. Even though the thread says it won't void your warranty, they have refused to replace a device b/c I had taken off this sticker. They said it's necessary to prove water damage has not occurred. I would highly recommend keeping it.

Try adjusting each of the screws a little at a time until you find out what works for you. That should do the trick and it's better than the card/paper trick behind the battery.
    Last edited by Naman919; 06-29-09 at 08:37 AM.
    06-29-09 08:33 AM
    @grey: i experienced problem briefly. May not be hardware related.
    Your screen would stick (I guess in the down position of the click) and you got it to stop doing that? I don't doubt you at all, but I'm very curious in case it ever happens to my phone...did it just stop doing it after sticking a couple of times or did you do something (like dis assembly or torx screw adjustments) to make it work well again?
    06-29-09 08:50 AM
    There are a bunch of posts (I think even a sticky) that go over different fixes for different clicking issues. If it is a hardware problem you can just take it to VZW store. After a few minutes of staring at the phone and clicking (or in this case attempting to click) it, the rep will set you up with either a new replacement or a refurb depending on how long. They don't keep refurbs in stock but they will overnight it to you along with return shipping for free. I've experienced this twice.

I've also since tried the "dime" trick which has worked for me without flaw thus far and my Storm almost "clicks" like the one in the commercials now. I don't have the link to the "dime" trick fix post but it's simple. Just open the battery door, put a dime on top of the batter and replace the battery door.

Good Luck
    06-29-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD