Hi all,
    New to BB. I am on second unit, 8330 and now 9530,
    I am running ver .132 and like it better than the OS .75 but I am still trying to learn the Storm and one issue that I have is that when I am surfing the net by screen dims quickly. I have it set at 10 secs but I can not understand why screen should go black why using browser. Any fixes for it or do I have to increase dim level over a minute or so?

BTW.
    I am kind of torn between the 8330 stability and the Storms bigger screen but coming from a Samsung I-760 wih windows 6.1 the BBs are way ahead even with the few issues everyone is complaining about.
    05-17-09 11:21 AM
    You have to change you back light timeout to something that works for you. Obviously 10 seconds isn't enough. I personally use 30 seconds as I use a sleeper case. When I am done with the phone and close the case up the phone goes to sleep immediately.
    05-17-09 11:24 AM
    Yea, scroll down on your homescreen to:

1. Options
    2. Screen/Keyboard Options

I have mine set to:

Backlight Brightness-80%
    Backlight Timeout-30 sec.
    Automatically Dim Backlight-Off

How its set makes a huge difference in your battery life; having your screen brightness on 100% all day will drain your battery like crazy! Thats why I leave mine at 80% (which is still kinda hard on my battery life) and I have it timing out after 30 seconds.
    05-17-09 11:49 AM
    Yea, scroll down on your homescreen to:

1. Options
    2. Screen/Keyboard Options

I have mine set to:

Backlight Brightness-80%
    Backlight Timeout-30 sec.
    Automatically Dim Backlight-Off

How its set makes a huge difference in your battery life; having your screen brightness on 100% all day will drain your battery like crazy! Thats why I leave mine at 80% (which is still kinda hard on my battery life) and I have it timing out after 30 seconds.
    This is where the sleep cases come in really handy. There is no timeout. the screen turns off as soon as the phone is by the magnet.
    05-17-09 11:51 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies.
    I got my backlight set at 20% and dim at 10 seconds. 30 seems too long for most of the time. I wonder if I should just go into the screen settings and change it when I know I am going to surf for a while? seems like a PIA to do that all the time. sleeper case? What's that? I have this snap on hard case but makes my phone too thick so I use none. My 8330 has a soft skin that I like except in the middle where every time I use scroll ball my thumb gets caught on it and got stretched out some. Do the make a very slim case for the Storm?
    05-17-09 12:45 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies.
    I got my backlight set at 20% and dim at 10 seconds. 30 seems too long for most of the time. I wonder if I should just go into the screen settings and change it when I know I am going to surf for a while? seems like a PIA to do that all the time. sleeper case? What's that? I have this snap on hard case but makes my phone too thick so I use none. My 8330 has a soft skin that I like except in the middle where every time I use scroll ball my thumb gets caught on it and got stretched out some. Do the make a very slim case for the Storm?
    Sleeper case has a magnet attached to it and when it touches the battery, the phone dims out. I use like a $10 holster with a magnet and it still works, so its really inexpensive! =] Although I do feel like a schmuck with a holster being 17 and all lol
    05-17-09 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD